• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Magazine Extender for 500a

I have a 500a that I got in 1990 and I'd like to increase the magazine capacity. I understand the barrel and mag tube will need to be replaced. Does anyone know if the Hight Capcity Shotgun Kit sold by Brownell's is compatible?

Thank you

Re: Magazine Extender for 500a

welcome from NY. what model 500 do you have ?

I called about that exact kit from Brownells, it is compatible and will be in stock Mid-March. The lady said to back-order if interested and you should receive it shortly after they get them in. I would contact them separately however if you are interested just to know where you would stand on that back-order list. I do not know and cannot speak for the demand of that kit.

It has been on my "WANT!" list for some time but other things come up first.

old mossy said:

Thanks. It's a model 500A and was sold labeled as a Mossberg "Riot Shotgun" but I believe it's actually a "Persuader." It has the 18.5" and 20" barrels, full buttstock and pistol grip, and heat shield. I bought it from a chain store called Standard Distributors in 1990, they went out of business a long time ago.

Itsricmo said:
I called about that exact kit from Brownells, it is compatible and will be in stock Mid-March. The lady said to back-order if interested and you should receive it shortly after they get them in. I would contact them separately however if you are interested just to know where you would stand on that back-order list. I do not know and cannot speak for the demand of that kit.

It has been on my "WANT!" list for some time but other things come up first.

Thanks, that's great news. I've been wanting to refurbish my 500 and decided to increase the capacity but priorities tend to get in the way.

Emjay said:
old mossy said:

Thanks. It's a model 500A and was sold labeled as a Mossberg "Riot Shotgun" but I believe it's actually a "Persuader." It has the 18.5" and 20" barrels, full buttstock and pistol grip, and heat shield. I bought it from a chain store called Standard Distributors in 1990, they went out of business a long time ago.

does it look like this?

the reason i'm asking,if you have the 20"barrel you can hold 7+1 now.

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 536

old mossy said:
Emjay said:
old mossy said:

does it look like this?

Yes, that's it. Thanks.

Emjay said:
old mossy said:
Emjay said:

does it look like this?

Yes, that's it. Thanks.

im a little confused,,,you mentioned it has a 18.5 barrel and a 20". the 18.5 won't fit the persuader with the long mag tube???

First post on here. Soon to be my first gun. Mossberg 500 Persuader 20G with full stock 18.5 barrel so wife can also handle it. HD mostly. Only one I can find locally going for $ 425 in FL.

Re: my new Mossberg 500 Blackwater Series

Nice pics of your Blackwater. I see you have a mag extension tube, but without it is there enough room on the standard mag tube for a flashlight mount infront of the stock forend?

Tim4k5 said:
Nick Burkhardt said:
Nice pics of your Blackwater. I see you have a mag extension tube, but without it is there enough room on the standard mag tube for a flashlight mount infront of the stock forend?

Here's a short rail mount that fits in front of the forend.......
http://www.laserlyte.com/products/adp-trir-140

Is there enough room on the mag tube of the Blackwater or other "Breacher" Mossbergs for this rail?
From the photos of the Blackwater it looks like there is less than 1.5" of room in front of the forend.

There is room to mount the rail. The rail system mounts between the end of the forend and the mounting ring on the bottom of the barrel. Here's a pic of the rail mounted on a regular 500 Persuader that belongs to forum member Daf57....
file.php

The breaching end on a barrel wouldn't have any affect on the area that the rail mounts to, and the Blackwater uses the same forend as the regular Persuader.

Finally found a 500 Mariner 18.5

Greetings to all! Got this honey today; this one was hard to find. I will be reading previous posts on this board carefully for advice.

Attachments

• moss.JPG
    moss.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 270
Re: Finally found a 500 Mariner 18.5

tapir said:
Greetings to all! Got this honey today; this one was hard to find. I will be reading previous posts on this board carefully for advice.

,,,,,and she's a beauty,congrats. :D

Re: Finally found a 500 Mariner 18.5

Tapir, Welcome to Mossberg Owners! That is an Excellent Firearm!
A True Beauty and I am Jealous!

If you have any questions and cannot find an answer you like, feel free to ask again regardless if it has been asked before. Sometimes information gets updated and new options are available.

Rick

Back