• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Modern Musket II - MikeD's Version

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I finally had some free time last night so I sat down and started putting this thing together

ARBuild001_zpsc96c53f4.jpg

ARBuild001c_zps77554728.jpg

ARBuild001b_zps24ee7f12.jpg

ARBuild002_zpsca5d88ba.jpg

ARBuild001d_zps3f1da988.jpg

Lower complete!!

MGO Zombie Custom lower (Mfg by Mega)
Spikes Tactical buffer tube
Magpul ASAP and BAD Lever
Core15 LPK

I had intentions of taking pics of each step but I just got into it and next thing I knew....

its a baby musket ! ......get in my belly!

looking awesome ! whats left ?

ARBuild005_zpsef2aa38e.jpg

ARBuild006_zpsf3681341.jpg

The upper was a scratch and dent from BCM, these marks were there before I started.

ARBuild004_zps114793a0.jpg

ARBuild007_zpsf33e2f1b.jpg

ARBuild008_zps943d810e.jpg

I could only find of set of the MBUS sights in green.

ARBuild003_zps2b3aeaee.jpg

Sights down

ARBuild003b_zpsbbc85ceb.jpg

Sights up

A few finishing touches...

ARBuild009_zps8c35f26e.jpg

ARBuild010_zps3a47a4d6.jpg

I'm still waiting on my custom dust cover.

Upper Specs:

BCM upper with M4 feed ramps.
BCM 11.5" barrel
Troy Ind. low profile gas block
YHM free float handguard
Magpul MBUS gen 2 sights
Bushnell TR-24 red dot
UTG rail spacer block (100% cowitness)
Vltor/BCM Gunslinger charging handle
DPMS BCG with nickle boron coating (borrowed from my carbine)
LaRue Tactical handguard clips.
DPMS flash hider
Other springs, gas tube etc were from Brownells and BCM.

you need to pack that at your next rally !...so you have to break the upper down to put on the dust cover, hope its cool….never knew about the custom covers till I had mine all together lol. They have some cool ones

I like the pistol MD.

Very awesome indeed.

Don't know why, but it puts me in mind of a stormtrooper blaster for some reason.

han-solo-star-wars-chronicles-promo-stormtrooper-blaster.jpg

mingaa said:
All pics posted in well under 1 hour, yeah, that went smoothly!

It actually took me about 3 hours total to assemble everything. I had to drill a small detent hole in the bottom of the barrel for the second screw on the gas block and a few other little things that took some time. This was also my first time assembling the upper, in the past I bought them pre-assembled.

I personally think assembling an upper is easier than assembling a lower.

I'm also glad you drilled detents for the gas block screws. That's one of the best things you could've done for reliability.

love the red white and blue!

Attachments

• cm-lookin-good.gif
    cm-lookin-good.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 225
oli700 said:
you need to pack that at your next rally !...so you have to break the upper down to put on the dust cover, hope its cool….never knew about the custom covers till I had mine all together lol. They have some cool ones

I thought about it. I had hoped to have had it done prior to the last one I went to but just did not have the time, I expected it to take a lot longer than it did.

I can put the cover on without breaking down the upper. You only get stuck if the hinge rod is inserted from front to back.

Watching the threads here gives me confidence to do my 1st build that will be in '13 if prices keep heading toward 'normal' or quality bargains start to reappear more frequently.

The blow-by-blow is on line but....

Very nice Mike and thanks for sharing the build and pics. let me know how you ike the Bushnell. I have one on a Ruger 10/22 and like it a lot. I had it on a Mini14 for a little while and it held zero just fine.

Thanks for the compliments. I can't wait to get it out and send a few rounds downrange. That may prove to be the more difficult part of the build right now.

Surprise!!!!

I just received my STAG LPK yesterday. I orderred it back in Feb and forgot all about it. I had orderred another one when I realized this LPKwas backorderred.

Damn. looks like I need to find some parts to complete it, can't have it just laying around. LOL

Back