• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

moss 500 20 gauge

collinjx

Copper BB
Sorry if you have to go over this again with a newbie. Just traded for my Mossberg 500. Its a 20 gauge with a 22" barrel. I was told it's a compact model. The furniture is in camo and has a stock extension. The serial # is V008XXXX. With this serial # the date of manufacture should be 2014. My question is about the bolt. After disassembly to clean, I notice the firing pin doesn't have a spring. I believe the Moss may have a rocker style bolt. Wasn't the rocker bolts used in earlier models? Just curious.
Thanks.

I have a 500 in 20g with a 26" barrel that I bought in 2011 so it might be a 2010 yr model but I haven't really payed attention to the bolt.
I can see when I get home after work to see if there is a difference. Unless some one beats me to the answer by the time I get off.

This post is a bit old but doesn't look like anyone responded.
My 1994 500c 20 ga does not have a firing pin spring and it works perfectly. I assume the OPs is that type of bolt assembly.

Back