• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Bullpup Kit

Nope. It doesn't interest me in the least. I just figured someone here might like it.

Bought an 870 a few months back to do the bullpup conversion to.
Well that and I got a smokin deal on it at a pawn shop. Just need to get the kit now. But too many other projects in the way for now. So it's on the backburner and my list to do eventually.

I converted an SKS into a bullpup. I have to admit that I like it a lot. But it isn't very ergonomic, and reloading is painfully slow.

Bullpups do look cool as hell, but IMO that's about all they're good for. Looks. I'm not a big fan. I saw a Mossberg bullpup the other day for $400. Briefly thought about grabbing it up just to have it. I bet that puppy would REALLY look cool if I custom fit a Sidewinder kit to it and threw on a breacher break!! May not cycle, may not fire, but hot dang that sum bitch would look "tacticool" as all get out! Besides, as everyone already knows, just racking an action is enough to scare away any would be home invader. So who actually even needs a working shotgun?!?!

I love a proper bullpup, a bullpup meant to be a bullpup......AUG, Tavor and such, crappy trigger is all there is to hate about those and that's fixable. Conversions are hit and miss, some are fun but not practical I guess but a small package that retains rifle velocity and damn near as fast as an AR in manual of arms is just about as close as you can get to having cake and eating it too $0.02

Now THAT is cool! I would never do that to my 500, though. I would have to find a cheap used one to do that to. The biggest problem I have with the conversion is the price. Holy moly that's pricey! I'm not sure I could ever justify the cost unless I got the used 500 REALLY cheap. The price of that conversion could get me a really nice 590 or something.

I watched a video on the Tubes that showed how to do the conversion. It doesn't look too bad. Actually, it looks kind of fun. Anywho, I got to wondering. Would a Maverick 88 work for the conversion? Action slide tube issue aside, would the Maverick safety mess things up? I doubt I would actually use an 88 unless it came with the slide tube, but someone else may want to convert an 88.

Personally, I have never understood the logic behind wrapping up a perfectly good shotgun (or any gun) in a plastic tube rigged with wires (or whatever kind of mechanism they use). If you found yourself in a situation that required the weapon to perform at it's peak and as it was designed to, as in DEFENDING YOUR LIFE, you may find yourself in a very bad position.

Back