• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Bullpup kit

I did a search and couldn't find any information so hopefully I can get some help. I am very interested in getting a bullpup shotgun and have done some searching on the web. I currently have a Mossberg 500 tactical and thought there might be a bullpup kit available for it. I have found tons of 870 information and have thought of just trading out my 500 for a 870. I don't want to do that because I do have a lot of love for Mossberg. Does anyone know if a bullpup kit is available or can point me in the right direction?

Mossberg in the late 80s, early 90s era made a "factory" bullpup stock. Sadly those are a rare find these days. Folks hang on to them or sell em for a pretty penny but they are out there. While possible to find it in kit form it seems you only see a complete gun for sale these days. I literally saw one for the first time with my own eyes at a recent funshow but the old man selling it was asking way more than I would ever pay for one. They are neat looking though, thats a given. I was glad to have finally had the chance to see and inspect one up close instead of just looking at ton of pictures.

An alternative though to keep an eye on might be these guys.
http://www.bullpupunlimited.com/

While right now they are only offering their kit for 870s but they have alot of interest in a 500 flavor and are considering it. Give em a shout and see where they still stand on that decision.

Thats about all I can tell you at this time. Someone else might be aware of another product out there or in the works. Good luck.

ripjack13- sorry but I did get your PM and it appears I am too new to the forum to reply. To answer your question yes that is my website where I review timepieces and interview folks from the watch industry. I know this is off topic but I didn't want to seem rude.

jgwills- Yes I have been checking out the old Mossberg Bullpups as well and it appears they were not kits but sold that way. I may just have to work out a trade on the Mossberg for the 870 if I want a bullpup I guess.

If its true they never officially sold kits then the few I've seen offered online before must have been complete factory disassembled ones sold off as parts kits then.

Like the look of the bullpup kit.... Just wish is was a mossy and not a remmy....
Now I'm gonna have to look for a 870..... Damn you.... Lol. :lol:

Back