• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Field/Security Combo question

krally

Copper BB
Hello all. I just purchased a Mossberg 500 Field/Security Combo. It comes with two barrels and a pistol grip. Does anyone know if the supplied pistol grip can be used with the stock on? On the pics and videos I've seen, just show it being used without the stock on. Any idea? Thanks

The pistol grip is its own grip and can be used only by its self.

There are stocks that are "pistol grip stocks" which would be more like that of an AR styled stock, either fixed or adjustable.

But what you have are two individual pieces that will work independantly of one another.

My pistol grip that came with my 500 is .. umm ... I dunno where.

I am so not about to put that thing on my SG and possibly jam my weak wrist that has been fractured in the past. IMO .. it's just dumb to shoot from the hip. It wasn't designed to be fired like a handgun, and I am not into the cool looking factor.

Kris be hatin' up in this place! I approve of the PG for a fun factor! :D Light loads like #8 bird shot is a blast just for some fun and blowing of steam!

Knoxx makes a recoil reducing pistol grip that would be easier on your wrist if you want to pursue something like that.

Itsricmo said:
Kris be hatin' up in this place! I approve of the PG for a fun factor! :D Light loads like #8 bird shot is a blast just for some fun and blowing of steam!

I don't think ther is any hate there, just a matter or personal preference.

I'm a pretty big guy with strong wrists and I still wont shoot from the hip. I personally never understood why people would put a PG on gun with such violent recoil and then procede to shoot it from an awkward position. Don't get me wrong, I love shooting some BIG bore handguns, I guess that's why there are many options. To each their own. :lol:

^^ Roger That!

I think the skeet/trap loads are very manageable with a pistol grip. just enough bang for some fun but not enough for pain :D and im 5' 8" 170 lbs haha not exactly a big dude :)

Back