• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Special Purpose

ZeroCool517

Copper BB
Hey guys! I used to own a Mossberg scorpion but unfortunately had to sell it when times were tough but now looking to replace it. I was looking at this one

Is there a reason a Mossberg 500 is in the $300 range? Is there something I should be aware of ? I noticed the other models are at leasT $450 an up…

Shows that one is out of stock. Look around you can pick up a Maverick 88 for $230.=$250.

Yes and also here.....https://www.academy.com/p/mossberg%C2%AE-maverick%C2%AE-88-security-12-gauge-pump-action-shotgun

The Maverick 88 is made by Mossberg, just their lower priced shotgun. Only big difference is the Mav88 has the cross bolt safety.
Not sure what your needs are in a shotgun.

Yes and also here.....https://www.academy.com/p/mossberg%C2%AE-maverick%C2%AE-88-security-12-gauge-pump-action-shotgun

The Maverick 88 is made by Mossberg, just their lower priced shotgun. Only big difference is the Mav88 has the cross bolt safety.
Not sure what your needs are in a shotgun.
Thanks for the info! This is strictly for home defense and range once in awhile. One last question ….if I choose to change the stock or fore end to something of my liking , is the maverick customizable?

Thanks for the info! This is strictly for home defense and range once in awhile. One last question ….if I choose to change the stock or fore end to something of my liking , is the maverick customizable?
Many folks have used Hogue replacement stock and forend. For home defense a 12 inch LOP stock works well for most. But you need to look at your forend. Most 88's come with a one piece forend shown at the bottom of the attached picture. If you change it out for a standard 500 forend you would need to buy a metal action bar to use with the replacement forend. Using the Hogue product your can use either action bar length but if you choose a short one you must use the adapter nut. So better to purchase the longer one. Think the chart below shows the options fairly well.

 Regards

16006042076_16376e5098_o.jpg

Back