• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Use in Ukraine

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
I saw some information from a mercenary that had been in Ukraine and was discussing the different types of drones that were being used by both sides and the way to identify most of them by the sound they made. He also said Mossberg 500s were being used to shoot down drones in the field and said they were using birdshot but gave no details as to the type. Also admitted that they had shot down some friendly drones due to the lack of identification and command & control.

Was wonder if anyone had seen any additional information on the use of shotguns in Ukraine?

I did a internet search without any definitive results.

Regards

Other than a quick YouTube short here and there, I have not seen much. Then again, Ukraine turned into a media theater - glamorizing the plight of the "poor regime" in Ukraine while their government absorbs billions of our dollars without any accountability. Putin just zapped their HQ with a couple of hyper-sonics, so I imagine that things will really go downhill.

I'll wager that even a light birdshot load will disable a drone if the aim / range is good enough. I'm sure they don't have any restrictions on flying or stopping drones like in the US. I've been looking at the legal side and it's....interesting. Enough to put my drone plans on hold.

Back