• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 without pump action tubes

mikeyboy

Copper BB
I notice some models of the 500 come with forends similar to a maverick 88, basically with pinned or plastic molded , while others have an actual slide action tube that makes swapping out to an aftermarket foregrip easy.

Anyone know which Mossberg 500 model # have a maverick slide and which ones do not? I was considering a Mossberg 500 field and home defense combo until I seen the slide.

Not sure on the model numbers. I think most of the newer ones have the pinned forends.

You can buy the tube separately if you need to. I did this with 835 after screwing up the threads trying to remove a stuck retaining nut.

You can find them on MidwayUSA, HavlinSales, etc. Anything that fits a 500A should fit your Maverick.

I couldn't say either, seems almost all newer models are going to the pinned forend (which I despise).

My 835 has the pinned forend and I would absolutely love to change it out and put a Hogue forend on it.

I'm curios if models with wood furniture will have the tube?

@mikeyboy Mossberg loves to switch them around. There are still some models shipped with the older tube type forends.

I would give Mossberg a call to find out exactly witch ones. (800) 363-3555

I heard from Joseph Zakher this morning about the action tubes and pinned forends,,,,,,,,

cleardot.gif

Good morning,

The 500A 12ga’s with action slides will be the wood furniture (these are short action 6 ¾) and the tactical models (security with long action 7 3/4). The transition from the action slide to pinned has been going on for a while already. If anyone needs further information to be certain they can reach me by e-mail with a photo of the firearm and or by serial helps as well. Take care and thank you for the support to have The Mossberg name and its service department for your community to be positive and safe.

Joseph Zakher

Product service leadman technical support.

Mossberg Authorized service center

Maverick Arms Inc

1001 industrial Blvd

Eagle Pass, TX 78852

1-800-363-3555

Fax (830) 773-5893

Great info old mossy.

Ditto, Thanks Old Mossy.

Its a shame Mossberg is cheapening the 500 series by doing this. Granted, this is only going to make me end up just splurging for a 590a1, instead of buying a 500 and mod'ing it out to what I want. However now it seems like there is even less of a difference between the Maverick 88 and the Mossberg 500. $120 more for a tang safety and a drilled and tapped receiver???

I agree@mikeyboy, if you are looking for a basic good shotgun go with the 6 shot Maverick and still be able to swap out barrels and parts for $180. when on sale.;)

Nicely done OldMossy, thanks for the help!

I really want the long action slide tube and Hogue set for the 835.

I would give Havlin a call and see what they have for a action slide tube lying around in the back room.;)

Back