• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590A1 Buttstock and Integrated Forend Light

6crnbnh

Copper BB
Hi everyone, first post here on the forum.

I'm the new owner of a Mossberg 590A1 (Model #51517) and after reading through several threads on buttstocks and lighted forends, my head is spinning. There seems to be a lot of slight differences within model numbers in the 590A1 line and I am trying to find what is going to work with my shotgun.

First, I have just completed a defensive shotgun course (2 days) at Sig Sauer Academy in Epping, NH where I am sure I ran through at least 400 rounds of #7.5 birdshot, 75 rounds of slugs and over 100 rounds of buckshot. The gun was new when I started Sat. morning and ran all 2 days without a hiccup, which is more than I can say for the other students in the class and their respective shotguns.

Anyways, I discovered that the LOP on the factory stock is a bit too long for me. I think it comes from the factory at 14.5" and I'm looking for something in the 13" range. Any suggestions on what will fit and where to look?

Also, I'm looking to replace the factory forend with a forend with an integrated light. Again, it seems that there are slight differences between 590A1 models that can make picking the correct forend a bit tricky.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

I'm a big fan of the Hogue short LOP stocks.

As for the forend, I'm not a big fan of integrated lights. I think it is too limiting and you are out a lot if it fails. You can accomplish the same thing with a rail mounted light and a pressure switch on the forend. Just my opinion, I know everyones needs/wants are different. That said, as far as brands go, I'm not too familiar with the integrated units.

Thanks for the quick response Mike.

Do you have a link where I could check out the Hogue stocks you recommend?

As a followup regarding the Hogue stocks, I went to their website and everything they list for Mossberg is for the 500. I have no idea if that would be compatible?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/11...d-forend-mossberg-500-590-835-12-gauge-rubber

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1CYV8QEYRX85ZEQEYWV0

Here's a couple.

Just do a internet search and you will see a lot pop up. You can also frequently find them at local gun shops etc.

The 500 stock should fit. The forend will be questionable depending on which style slide you have.

Edit: Heres a pic describing the different forend options you may have in case you are not familiar:

MossbergForends_zps79db1095.jpg

Back