• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 600AT Not Firing?

Hudson

Copper BB
I have a mossberg 600AT New Haven. It's just about identical to the 500 (or so i've read on other forums.)

Anyways, when i got the thing, it was in rough condition, i took it all apart, and cleaned all of the parts, then lubed them up, and put it all back together. The thing functioned perfect. Cocked perfect and everything. I put some 12 gauge slugs in the magazine tube, cocked the gun, shell went into the chamber, pulled the trigger, heard a *click* but nothing fired.

Not sure if this is my firing pin broken, or what caused this, but my gun is not firing. Does anyone know what this could be? Thanks for all of your assistance and the time it took you to read this.

When you have the gun apart, can you manually push the firing pin forward and observe whether or not you see it protrude from the other end of the bolt.

If the gun was in bad shape it could be seized up.

MikeD said:
When you have the gun apart, can you manually push the firing pin forward and observe whether or not you see it protrude from the other end of the bolt.

If the gun was in bad shape it could be seized up.

I actually think it was just seized up. I just took one of those punches where you push on it, and when it gets to a certain point it punches with force. (I think they're called spring loaded punches). Anyways, i used that on one end, and the firing pin came out pretty far, and it feels looser than it did before. I'm going to put it back together. Maybe i just fixed it.

OK, let me know how it works.

Just put the gun all back together, haven't tried it yet, but i don't think this looks right. I don't think there should be as much play as there is here. Can anyone confirm this as normal or messed up?

Thanks. Oh, and the spring gets stuck in the magazine tube and doesn't feed the shells properly. Do you think i should just go ahead and buy a new mag tube as well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntw4oo5F ... e=youtu.be

Back