• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 715T Magazines and Mag Troubleshooting

Need help Here!!! ii bought two 25 rd mags from Mossberg direct received them with-in 4 weeks my question to you all is The 10 rd mag that comes with gun shoots flawless!!!! but the 25 rd after the first round shell casing doesn't eject then jams inside blocking the next round both mags do this at first I thought gun needed cleaning or maybe the ejector was bad but the 10 rd clip works fine can someone please give me some advice on what to do with this issue???? thanks

mugz37 said:
Need help Here!!! ii bought two 25 rd mags from Mossberg direct received them with-in 4 weeks my question to you all is The 10 rd mag that comes with gun shoots flawless!!!! but the 25 rd after the first round shell casing doesn't eject then jams inside blocking the next round both mags do this at first I thought gun needed cleaning or maybe the ejector was bad but the 10 rd clip works fine can someone please give me some advice on what to do with this issue???? thanks

Did you try switching ammo?

My 25 rounders I got from Bass pro shoot Winchester, Remington and CCI but the Federal Auto Match wont run for crap in them.

Make sure the guides on the mag do not have any burrs or sharp edges on them that catch the rim as it is being fed into the chamber.

On a side note I see Bass Pro got more 25 rounders in if anyone needs more.

http://www.basspro.com/Mossberg-25-Roun ... /10228973/

Once in a while you'll find them on eBay, but they violate their policy (even though "high-capacity" limitations of 18 USC § 921(a)(31(A) &(B) specifically exempted rimfire magazines, and that law sunsetted in 2004 anyway, eBay still doesn't allow you to sell any mag over 10 rounds) so as soon as the listing is discovered they "delist" it and send a nastygram to the seller - if he tries to list it again he gets banned. If you place a bid the auction will need to run its course, and given 7 days they're going to find it, so the only way you'll get one is to pay the "Buy it Now" price if that option is given. Search the "completed" listings for 95712 and you'll see that they often used to manage to get by when descibed as "holds 10 rounds" (at ~$75) but not so much anymore, I think eBay's making a point of looking for them now.
I heard a rumor that a guy ~15mi from me has three for sale at $45 ea, still waiting to hear back. If he still has 'em I'll buy all I can and post back here.

Str8liner, you rock! I caught your post and jumped on the site. Just got my confirmation of shipping from BPS yesterday. The other site I was on 715T Accessories was looking at a 6 month waitlist.

Whit

I can't believe it! Mossburg just called me and asked for a credit card, they are shipping me my magazines I ordered the first part of March!

I just bought a 715t today with the 10rd magazine I find it very difficult to eject the magazine. Is there a trick? seems awfully stiff

Just got my 25 round magazines today Fedex! I was wrong about when I ordered them, the invoice says Feb 10th!
Anyway I know they got some in so hopefully they will be showing up at places like bass pro and other places online. We can't buy these anymore in Colorado as of 7-1 :evil:

I just bought a 715t today with the 10rd magazine I find it very difficult to eject the magazine. Is there a trick? seems awfully stiff

Are you pulling back the handle, and pushing it in to lock it back before you pull the mag out? If you dont it puts pressure on the mag making it hard to release.

str8liner said:

Are you pulling back the handle, and pushing it in to lock it back before you pull the mag out? If you dont it puts pressure on the mag making it hard to release.

That makes it a bit awkward because its the only gun i have that does this but it keeps everything simple and less stuff in the gun to clean. I remember after the first time i pull it out if i havnt shot it in a while.

I only have the original 25mag that came with it and I've only taken the gun out to the range twice, first time no problem loading the mag at all and this time we only loaded 5 or 10 at time (found out they have a rule about that kind of thing) and 2 or 3 times when loading the 3rd or 4th round the spring would not extend up like the rounds would fall out of it if that makes any sense. Like I said only a few times and it seems fixed by just pulling the spring down (using the little red thumb feeder assist or whatever it's called). Has anyone else had issues like this?

Back