• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Speedloader for 930?

Is there a speedloader for 930? Something that will work well even when your fine motor skills are gone, say, in a highly stressful situation.

Re: Speedloader for 930?

I don't know if one is specifically marketed for our 930's but competition shooter Jeremy Mikulek had an awesome speed loading rig on his competition gun and its fed using speed sticks(I think that's what they are called)

basically a spare magazine tubes worth of rounds can be loaded in a second with one hand...

I'll find a vid

fun really starts around 18:54 but the entire vid is good and will show off how modified these can get...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs1vSeg0nFI[/youtube]

I really enjoyed that Poopy. 'Course I always enjoy seeing Jerry and his daughter having fun on the range.

The volunteer cans of corn at about 21:30 was fun, but the Hominy Homicide at about 23:50 was bad. :cry:

( I love Hominy) :lol:

Thanks for sharing that.

Duane

That was very interestng. I was particularly interested in the beveling of the loading port. Seems that would be a easy (and useful )mod. My question is; what angle is the bevel and how much meat should be removed, and does it extend for the full circumference of the loading port edge, or just a portion thereof?

I don't understand welding the lifter. It seems like the port has been enlarged and contoured, and a different lifter has been installed.

I'm a new shotgunner, and I'm discovering that loading can be tricky. So I'm looking for improvement in my technique and equipment, especially since I spent a weekend chewing up my left thumb.

Welding the lifter is what stops the thumb from get'n chewed up.

By closing up the notch and keeping the contour all the way to the end, there is no more gap to get your thumb snagged on...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welding the lifter is what stops the thumb from get'n chewed up.

By closing up the notch and keeping the contour all the way to the end, there is no more gap to get your thumb snagged on...

I know you were responding to mb1911, but thought I'd mention that the lifter is not an issue on some models. My Mariner (and I think other pumps) use a completely different design for the lifter.

Absolutely.

It's the little "U" cutout at the end of the 930 lifter that likes takin bites outta thumbs...

mb1911 said:
I don't understand welding the lifter. It seems like the port has been enlarged and contoured, and a different lifter has been installed.

I'm a new shotgunner, and I'm discovering that loading can be tricky. So I'm looking for improvement in my technique and equipment, especially since I spent a weekend chewing up my left thumb.
it's not a whole new lifter, just another piece of metal welded on then ground smooth and polished... I'd love to have it done cause it's one thing I don't have expertise in personally(welding that is)...

ill dremmel the crap outta key points to smooth or polish parts though, LoL

One other thing I studied closely in the video was the speedload technique demonstrated by the young lady. Very fast, and looked to be more reliable than the combat reload demonstrated on the Box of Truth. http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu83.htm. The downside argument is that you have to come off target. On the other hand, I find it very difficult to stay on target while supporting the gun with only my right arm during a reload (not much leverage) and I'm still reasonably strong for an old fart.

Comments for or against either technique?

I understand the lifter modification, but I've found that I can accomplish pretty much the same result by teaching myself to curl the last joint of my thumb a little more when loading. That way, the knuckle of my thumb is holding the lifter, while the tip of my thumb is pushing the shell into place.

I have no idea why Mossberg puts that U shaped end on the lifter, but using my knuckle to avoid the problem seems to work fine for me.

Of course, I don't load my magazine anywhere near as fast as they do. :eek: They load an entire magazine in about the time that I it takes me to figure out that it's time to reload. :lol:

Duane

Duane said:
I understand the lifter modification, but I've found that I can accomplish pretty much the same result by teaching myself to curl the last joint of my thumb a little more when loading. That way, the knuckle of my thumb is holding the lifter, while the tip of my thumb is pushing the shell into place.

I figured this out after a day of loading and getting my thumb caught. Someone should have told me I needed to wrap up my left thumb for a shotgun class. It worked out at the end, because the whole class had banaids on their left thumbs by the end of the three days!

The curled thumb technique doesn't prevent the glove from getting caught, though. What happens is that the first 10 or 20 shells load fine. But while you're loading those, the glove gets pulled, and eventually it gets caught by the elevator. Then you have to use your right hand to clear the elevator, which takes a few seconds, when seconds count.

Re: Mossberg 930 SPX with AFG

Update: It has been almost a year and probably close to 600-800 rounds and its still rock solid.

I am thinking about replacing it with a trimmed down LaRue hand stop directly on the hand guard. I am still working out what I want to do though, the AFG has been working well.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Limbsaver

The Choate Mark 5 PG stock has a large rectangular shaped pad that is unique..There is no taper at the bottom like most other shotguns.I am really determined to have a Limbsaver on mine but now that I know a slip-on will not work that well I looked at the templates in there catalog to see what will..After a lot of measuring,comparing and triple checking I ordered the grind to fit 'Speed Mount' part # 10540..I decided on the 1" thick pad because I wanted the most recoil reduction I could get.There is a 5/8" pad [part #10544] for anyone wanting the shortest LOP..To use any pad you have to get either the 1/4" or the 1/2" hard plastic 'spacer' from Choate,I went with 1/4" for a shorter LOP.The spacer is apox $8.00 direct from Choate.I am waiting now for the Speed Mount to get here and when it does I will post step by step pic's so anyone who wants to add one can do so easily.I think with a few simple mods to the Limbsaver pad I can make a great stock Perfect!

Re: CDM light mount

Been away for sometime. Thank you for the replies everyone. I have a Nordic Comp clamp with a Vltor light clamp on it right now. I did have the CDM MOD-C on it but a friend needed it more than I did.

DHonovich said:
Nordic Components Extended Cap (Adds 3/4" to the tube)
p81548484-4.jpg

p358186109-4.jpg

p394895993-4.jpg

p34113265-4.jpg

I can't seem to find the "extended" version you show in the post... ???

Is it discontinued?

hagatha

Back