• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Photo Gallery

Re: My Mossberg 930 SPX

Hi Jummybui, very nice. What brackets are you using for the light? Are they 2 different ones or is it one piece? This is what I want for my SPX but I wanted to know what everyone else has and how they like it before I got mine. thanks

DUFFSTER that is quite the setup you have there on your Mossberg 930 SPX!

Hey Ben, what do you think of the Barska sight?

Very nice setup !! Let's hear the range report... ;)

Rossignol said:
Hey Ben, what do you think of the Barska sight?
IMHO it is JUNK, the recoil of my 930 beat it to death. The glass cracked but it still holds zero. It lasted a long time on my Pardner Protector pump, it is just on there for show until I make up my mind on what Eotech to buy and I hope it holds up to recoil better.

Rossignol said:
Dang that sux.
Here is a picture of the 930 carnage
6042508078_bd8dba89cd_z.jpg

Wow man, looks like it used to be a nice sight too!

I want that sight! The LPA ghost rings, not your blue kool-aid looking thing. :p I still gotta buy my wife her pistol before I make any more gun or big accessory purchases though.

I paid 68.00 for the LPA rear grs from Mossberg p/n18446MT, I paid more for the Barska red dot, the front hi-vis LPA sight with barrel is 155.00 p/n 18449MT. For 223.00 you get both sights and a extra barrel for free. I have read forums stating that the sights cost over 200.00 alone and you still have to pay someone to install the front sight, I'm still on the fence about what Eotech to replace it with.

BenSamp said:
I'm still on the fence about what Eotech to replace it with.

Have you looked into Bushnell? I know, not EOTech, but there is a Bushnell red dot which is comparable to Aimpoint.

Bushnell Trophy 3 MOA Red Dot
731303.jpg

Its a 3 MOA dot with variable brightness, reviews very well, and very reasonably priced. I started looking at this before I got my Bushnell Trophy 1 x 32 MP Red Dot, which has held up very well to weather and 12 ga. recoil. Its on my Persuader right now.

Attachments

• Mossberg 500A Persuader.JPG
    Mossberg 500A Persuader.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,183
Got my SPX yesterday

Glad I found this site, plenty of information and tips.

I read the stickies about the troubled history of the SPX and things to look out for, so I broke down my new SPX this morning to check things out before heading to the range. I found the front sight to be straight, extension tube straight with no burrs, spring length was 35.5", and there was minimal grease on the components. Since I did not find excessive grease like many new owners have found, I did not clean any components and decided to head out to the range.

I took 100 shells of Winchester birdshot (lead and steel shot), as well as a mix 100 shells of Rio 00B low recoil, winchester 00B HV, and Estate HV rifled slugs. The entire time at the range was without problems. Everytime, I mixed the tube with different shells (slug, birdshot, 00B, slug, HV 00B, etc) the gas system handled them all without any problems. All the shells cycled quickly and ejected the spent shells about 8 feet away from me.

I took my 590A1 with me to compare and found the SPX handled and shouldered with a better feel to me. I would guess due to the slightly longer and heavier A1 barrel. I did find the A1 rear ghost sight to be better with the slightly larger diameter hole, but otherwise found the SPX to be better and more comfortable. I am happy with my second Mossberg and have already ordered a GG&G single point sling mount. I really like the quality of the SPX sights and the positive clicks when making adjustments.

IMG_0432-1.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

Re: Got my SPX yesterday

Nice report. Nice weapon too. Welcome to the site. There are several real helpful folks here.

I've been thinking that I might want to get an auto loader.

You might want to think about a recoil reducing stock. Sure helps me in the amount of time it takes to re-acquire my target and save me from a bit of pain.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum megawatt !!

When you find the time, please stop by our New Members Welcome area and introduce yourself to our community !!

Just got back from the range again. Slugs on target (human sillouette) at 100 yards are no problem with this gun fired from standing position. Love hearing the rifled slug whistle thru the air. I am loving this gun more and more.

I start a two day shotgun course tomorrow. Pics to follow.

We all would be interested in how the course goes...good luck !!

Back