• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Re: any one using pachmayr recoil pads ?

To each their own. I would rather have a Limbsaver. I have both. Yet the Pachmyer sits in my drawer...

Re: any one using pachmayr recoil pads ?

It's a large slip on.

Re: butt pad options ?!?!

just an update i bought a pachmayer f325 ( think thats the model ) its on its way in the mail once i get it installed and put rounds threw it i will let you know.

i tried one out at gander mountain ( took it out of the package and rubbed it against my jacket) and it was not sticky at all, didnt grab my clothing like the factory one did, which i hate

tcecil88, According to Mitch Barrie from Mesa, the Urbino will be ready for release sometime in Feb. 2013. He did tell me that he's going to have the prototype at SHOT, so if you or anyone you know is going it can be seen there.

I hope the NON-pistol grip version is not far behind (I don't do nor allow my people to use a pistol grip stock with a tang mounted safety). I chopped what I could off the Wife's standard stock today. Feels better to me too. 12.5" LOP is about right.

Re: Update: Progress on Urbino stock for our 930's

A traditional stock with shorter (12.5 - 13 inch) LOP is what I want. Don't care for the pistol grip on the 930. I will buy this Mesa stock if it is produced for sale.

An option to buy the shortened tube would also work for me, I could just cut current camo stock down to shorten LOP.

930 recoil tube

I am new here and just wanted to see if anyone knew what would happen if I made the recoil tube short. I know people have been taking close to a inch off but I want to go short so I could use a tactical stock. This might have been answered before

Re: 930 recoil tube

Hi Srt-4. Welcome to the Forum. To answer your question, the recoil tube cannot be shortened too much because of the rod extending from the back of the bolt mechanism. Plus add the total length of the compressed spring and you just don't have much to play with back there as far as modding goes. The design itself just won't allow that portion to be modded extensively. There are other platforms such as the 500 that allows you to do pretty much anything you would want. That's the only option you have for a mod type like this one though. Good luck.

Paul

I am looking for some synthetic options to replace the wood that came on my 930. Any thoughts or other options out there besides going through Mossberg? I have searched and can't find any. I am also a newb to the 930 so I could be just looking in the wrong places.

Mossberg 930 recoil spring tube

Does anyone know the thread size? Also anyone know if the benelli m4 recoil spring tube will be the same threads?

Re: Mossberg 930 recoil spring tube

I have no idea on interchangeability with Binelli tubes, but you can call Mossberg Tech Support for the thread size...

(800) 363-3555

Mesa Tactical 930 Urbino Stock Prototype
http://www.mesatactical.com/
p1385651012-4.jpg

p1385651044-4.jpg

p1385651096-4.jpg

ram229 said:
I am looking for some synthetic options to replace the wood that came on my 930. Any thoughts or other options out there besides going through Mossberg? I have searched and can't find any. I am also a newb to the 930 so I could be just looking in the wrong places.

I've seen a few synthetic butt stocks on Ebay and gunbroker.com. Haven't seen any stock forearms though, may have to resort to Mossberg for that.

kevink2 said:
ram229 said:

I've seen a few synthetic butt stocks on Ebay and gunbroker.com. Haven't seen any stock forearms though, may have to resort to Mossberg for that.

Thanks. Mossberg seems to be the only game in town that claims to have them in stock. Although I am still waiting on some replacement parts for my 930 that were also supposed to be in stock.

Give it some time, they're swamped with orders right now.

We've got guys in the 715T sub-forum that've been waiting on mags for a month now. This buying frenzy we're in has everybody adding several weeks to their order processing times. Unfortunately, Mossberg seems to be lacking in their communication of the issue. Have you called to check on your order status?

Back