• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 SPX - AimPro vs S&J Hardware Railed Forend?

jaggedx said:
I've been trying to decide on which of these forends I'm going to buy for weeks now!

Is one of the obvious differences the location of the side rails? The S&J looks to have them mounted higher (closer to the barrel) and the Aimpro seems to be the opposite (closer to the bottom of the forend).

You are right, the major difference is that the side rails are higher on the S&J. The lines on the S&J are cleaner, but the Aimpro gets the nod for the amount of rail space and you get rail covers with it.

I got my S&J Hardware Forend in the mail this week and was able to find a Magpul AFG2 on Amazon. The S&J looks and feels very well made and fits like a glove. I'll get a chance to put some rounds down range tomorrow, can't wait!

Here's a look... Before and after...

grWtL.jpg

vA30E.jpg

well i guess it's time to air this out since i've given S&J over a month to iron out the problem i had with my forend with "Zero"results...

On January 9th i started emailing S&J telling them that of the 4 phillips head screws that hold the center section of the forend in place that 2 of them had sheared off and the other two would have sheared off if i hadn't noticed the other two were gone.......they seemed pretty apologetic to start with and told me that if i'd send it to one of their US representatives that they'd get me another in short order....they had me send it to Mark Mueller at EliteTacticaladvantage.com at an address in Wisconsin who i'm guessing is the original manufacuturer of the forend...i've been emailing Simon Beeson (also known as Badboybeeson) on a few of the shotgun forums one of the partners in S&J Hardware pleading for help and at first he said he'd get in touch with Mark Mueller and have him send out another by express mail...but now i'm not getting any response to my emails or a call or two that i've made to S&J's answering machine.....

i've also written using snailmail and left a message on Elite Tactical Advantages Website asking for help from them since i think they ended up with my forearm.......plus asked them to return it to me so maybe i can find someone to fix it for me.....

so now i'm out over $200 if i figure forend and in shipping back and forth and don't even have a forend anymore, so if you ask me which one i would buy i don't think it would be the S&J........D I C K

That's a bummer dickwholliday. There are some here more knowledgeable than I in this area and maybe they can point you in the right direction to get some action taken on it.

Bummer! The set screw on the bottom of my S&J is missing... Dammit! I emailed them about how to get another one a couple days ago... They haven't replied.

I'm starting to wish I had spent my money on the Aimpro instead. I will update this post if they do.

Does anyone have any suggestions or any idea of the dimensions of this set screw if I have to find something to use as a substitute?

I have not had to use the set screw at all, but I am very surprised at the lack of customer satisfaction shown by the S & J sellers(?)........I advise everyone to email them (him) this link (I did) and share their unhappiness with the customer service or lack of it. I had a decent experience but the bad experiences outnumber me sadly.

The owner is a member of this forum but I do not remember his screen name.

i got a call monday from Mark Mueller of Elite Tactical Advantage the manufacturer and he says he got my forearm i mailed in but didn't have one in stock to replace mine at that time......he says they just got back from powder coating and he was sending one out....i got it today and it looks good........he seems like a real stand up guy....i'm sorry he got tangeled up in this.......D I C K

Any of the guys with the S&J forend have any additional updates on the durability? I'm about to order one for my 930 and prefer the lines of the S&J but want to buy the best quality.

Back