• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

mossberg cs?

ls81

.22LR
A couple years ago i got a mossberg 500 that someone ruined with tactical stock, an over the top zombie paint scheme, and a sawed off ribbed barrel (legal length as measured and compared to another 18.5 barrel). I was going to turn it into a home defense gun repaint it maybe get it a new barrel the problem is that my zombie crazed wife and son saw it and they convinced me to leave it as it was. After shooting it i decidecd that it was a fun gun to shoot. The other day i was cleaning it and i discovered a pretty severe crack on the locking lugs on the barrel behind the chamber. on the advice of a local gunsmith i called mossberg customer service on monday.

The service person i spoke with took absolutely no info on the gun at all he just advised me to send it in and they would evaluate it for service or possibly warranty replacement. he did not care that the barrel was sawed off or that it was painted.

Do I even bother to send the barrel in?
Is there actually a possibility they would fix or replace it even after it was modified?
How long does this sort of thing take?

I did order a barrel from another cs rep later in the day on monday because they told me that 18.5 security barrel that i was interested in was on a 6-8 week wait and ordering from them directly saved me between $25 and $50. if i end up with another barrel its just a good enough reason to get another mossberg.IMG_1475.JPG

Welcome aboard.

Wouldn't hurt to send the barrel in and see what they decide do with it. They don't tend to be too picky with issues like this. Won't likely be a quick turnaround, but it's hit or miss with them. Some come back in a week and some take a month or more. For what it's worth we had a member here order a 930 barrel from them last week and was told it would be a 6-8 week wait but the barrel was delivered after seven days. You might get lucky too...

i mailed it out this afternoon hoping for the best. if it comes back fixed maybe i'll trade that new barrel i ordered for something else.

Good luck. We'll need some pictures of the zombified mossberg, you know this right?

Let us know how the experience turns out!

i'll get some pictures up soon its in a pretty sad state right now i think it was done with the cheapest paint and supplies possible. May have to look for someway to improve it visually then let my son shoot trap with it when he is big enough.

For what it's worth we had a member here order a 930 barrel from them last week and was told it would be a 6-8 week wait but the barrel was delivered after seven days. You might get lucky too...

I am that guy.

They were great.

Like LES said, you might get lucky.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

i got lucky my barrel got here on saturday before the old barrel made it in.

love the newton reference.

That is awesome.

It sucks that so many folks have had poor experiences. I can't be happier with my interactions.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

Back