• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

I am actually a new owner of a 590a1 51663. I too received one of those barrels with the front sight issue. I was sent a new barrel in three days, this barrel too has the same problem. I just got off the phone with Mossberg and i am now searching for a way to fix my new shotgun blues....seeming as how it appears their customer service representatives are not too understanding. Now i have two barrels at the house that are useless to me....same thing, wanted the shotgun....wanted the barrel....sent me a new barrel with the postage paid tag....turned out it is even banged over with a mallet to be closer at the top......;.how rediculous.......
When my wife called this morning and the representative believed she wanted to buy a barrel, it was Barbara's understanding that they had plenty. Then, when i am on the phone, they are sadly out of replacement barrels and should have more made in 30 days...... They of course will not send me a third barrel, while my 2nd barrel is afloat......even if they were in stock..... The rep told me however in 30 days, if i ship them my barrel.....leaving me barreless...... include within a letter explaining the whole first barrel issue..... they will get one right out to me.....perfect of course.... I am highly considering just sending a barrel to aimpro and having the sight wacked...a new one installed and pay for the parkerizing so i never have to have a conversation with anyone there again....
So, i found this site while i was researching my current issues....i see there are some more of us experiencing these dilemmas.....it's sad....... i love mossberg too....

i'd like to add....when i first got my 590a1 and called initially...my representative handed me off to Javier....he was kind and courteous and he made things happen.....that's when i got my barrel in three days.........unfortunately it was a barrel also of poor quality
i believe there is a deeper issue in fabrication and inspection.....
my first of two crap barrels will be returned tomorrow via fed ex and the paid postage......

but, no....i am not happy that this wasn't resolved the first time around......i am the new owner of a monstrously gorgeous 590a1....with a crap barrel...........
...this isn't a good thing when my gun dealer is also a sheriff deputy....belonging to a department which is seeking new reliable shotguns for their officers.......
I will be calling for Javier again by friday to let him know that my word, as his, is good....and his barrel should be in his posession....

I agree with you about the fab issues.

This isnt a new thing, these issues have been around for a couple years . I believe it was found in the case with the 930 SPX barrels to have been a defective jig the parts were being fabbed in. I could be wrong. In any case, its rediculous for the problems with the sights to continue.

Buddy, I hope they get it corrected for you. It shouldnt even get to this point.

I love my Mossbergs too...

So those who are posting here are just the ones we know about but the complaint line is definitely ringin off the hook!

But seriously, for a response to an email, that was poorly typed, didnt answer the question, poor grammer, obviously not an english first language speaker... and thats just on the surface.

C'mon Mossberg! Your products arent being taken seriously for the large part, and QC and CS are even worse.

I think what you see posted here is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm sure they get a lot of mail and phone traffic and it would be difficult to staff all those positions with people that are knowlegable about the firearms industry as a whole, but it would be in their best interest to at least staff those positions with people that are knowlegable with mossbergs' product line if nothing else. That wouldn't be too much to ask. After all, that's what they're there for.

I don't want to be an armchair quarterback or back seat driver, but I think instead of having a general catch-all phone line that is hard for anyone to get through, have one for dealers and orders, and one for service issues and warranty/repair/returns. That would at least cut down some of the wait time and you could split some of the employee's up based on their strengths and weaknesses.

Something that very few companies do is train their CSR's with their products. The industry I used to be in was the worlds worst at that and when I was working in the field, I caught grief for it all the time. I can't express how discouraged many of the customers were.

It got to the point that I convinced upper management to send CSR's out with me in the field at least 1 day each to do my job while I just rode around with them and told them what they needed to do, until everyone of them had done it and knew from experience what the technician does and how he does it.

Of course they didn't learn everything they needed to know to switch departments, but after they did my job and saw what I saw, and did what I did, and heard what I heard, they got a whole different appreciation for what the techs did and how things really worked.

In less than a month, the CSR's were more confident in what they were talking about, my life was a lot easier, and most importantly, the customer was happier that they got the right answers and were taken care of, and over more time, the company grew because of it.

But here is one possible solution to a few of the problems facing mossberg's customer service issues.

Give all their CSR's schematics and tell them to study and learn them. If they have questions, ask the supervisors. And if they still don't understand how things work, send them to the assembly line to see how it is assembled or how the part works. Hands on is by far the best teaching method there is in my humble opinion.

In a fair amount of time allowed to learn the material, call them all to the break room and give them a test over it.

If they can't identify a major part on the schematic, and/or answer what it does or how it works, then it's time they start looking for another career because if they don't know what they're talking about in private, it's a good bet they dont' know what they're talking about to the public either, and that's not doing mossberg any favors.

Some people might think that solution is a bit harsh, but it's not. That's brutal honesty.

I totally agree their needs to be a better understanding among the reps.

OFM really just has the one number which all calls go through, its seems to be little more than a phone center. Its really a shame there ar elike two or three people to ask for to get help or get anything accomplished. Right now, the guy to talk to is Javier. It was Edna.

If OFM is going to be among the best (and lets face it, who sets out on a journey expecting to be mediocre?) they need to get their house in order.

You make some good points and suggestions John. It doesnt sound at all harsh.

Another thing, are we a customers asking too much? I really dont think so. No way its too much to expect to be able to call the manufacturer and get a hold of someone competent who can actually help answer our questions and meet our needs, which arent unreasonable. If something is broke, fix it. If it isnt right, make it right. If its a defect from the manufacturer (and we know certain things are cuz there is a long and documented history) pick up the tab and dont drag out the process for months at a time, just make it right... maybe check the part first to make sure you arent just sending out another defective part.

Poor QC and CS are the kinds of things that can ruin a company beyond the point of being able to make up for it with gimmicky new products.

Its possible I'm beating a dead horse.

The hunting trip was AWESOME! I shot my first duck! As requested, pics of the setup and the two ducks of the day. Also got the two missing chokes, wrench, and turkey choke yesterday! Woohoo!

Attachments

• First duck 02.jpg
    First duck 02.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 702
After two promises I've not heard a word from Mossberg. I guess it's time to take another course of action. Maybe my lawyer will get a response from them.

Hang in there; a majority of the Mossberg staff was at the SHOT show 2012 last week. I would give them another phone call today.

DLedbetter said:
After two promises I've not heard a word from Mossberg. I guess it's time to take another course of action. Maybe my lawyer will get a response from them.

Did you ask for Javier Contreras?

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

i called the day i said i was going to...they had not received my first barrel in return yet....called monday, the rep told me Javier was at the shotshow........she said there would possibly be barrels for my 51663 in stock shortly and i should call back on the 30th....she seemed polite enough........i will be requesting Javier........................

just got off the phone with a female representative....told her my whole story, beginning to now......

she has notified the head technician of my problem......she says she will call me when a barrel comes available....then she will ship.........

i am seriously considering going to another gunshop in cherokee county where they have a perfect shotgun on the wall....trading in my new shotgun for a considerable loss towards the one which appears perfect.......i didnt buy it to sit it in the corner while my buddies run their remingtons and fnh's at the range.......even this kid's rusty wore norinco has a perfect front sight.........

guess i am waiting for a phone call.......and i am not happy......

First time post…

I bought my first Mossberg shotgun, a 930 Field model with a 26” barrel, on 12/27/11 from CTD as a Christmas present to myself.

I picked it up at my FFL on 01/03/12. My FFL hadn’t opened the shipping box so I did the honors. Once opened, the only thing in the Mossberg box was the shotgun, 2 strips of bubble wrap roughly 4”x12” in size, and the wax paper backing to a shipping label. The Owner’s Manual, gun lock, Accu-Choke chokes, Choke wrench, etc. were nowhere to be seen.

The first thing I did was call CTD and explain the issue to them. They were understanding but said that the issue would have been on Mossberg’s side. By the end of the conversation with them it settled on “if Mossberg can’t/won’t make it right then we will.” This wasn’t how I wanted it to end but I figured that I could give Mossberg a call and it would be done with a yes/no answer.

I try to call Mossberg CS on and off for a couple of days (either can’t get through or couldn't wait in the queue because of a meeting, etc.).

I got through on 01/05/12 and spoke to David. I explain my situation and David says that Mossberg would send me all of my missing parts as a onetime courtesy. I asked him to confirm what should have been shipped with my shotgun but he doesn’t know. The first thing he asks for is my serial number… which is safely filed away with the paperwork/shotgun at home. Without the S/N he can’t do anything which is totally understandable. I ask for his direct line/extension and tell him that I will call him back the next day with my S/N.

I call back the next day (01/06/12) and can’t get ahold of David but Erica fields my call. I explain what’s happened and what David said and she says that it’s no problem and my parts will be shipped out. Erica only asks for my address and says that my parts would ship in 7-10 days. Before I knew it I was off the phone with a handful of further questions (Did she get my name/address right?, order number?, how is it shipping? 7-10 days for delivery or shipment?, etc.).

11 busness days later (01/20/12) I call to check up on my order. Erica looked me up with my address and verified that everything shipped on 01/16/12 via USPS from their Texas facility. This throws up a red flag being that it was 5 business days later and I hadn't received it. I told her that if I didn't get it by the beginning of the next week that I would call her back. She agreed that it should be there by then and that I should call back if I didn't see it.

As of 1/25/12 my parts still hadn’t been delivered, so I called Erica back and reminded her of our conversation. She said that she would re-ship out the parts to which I asked if they could be shipped via some method that is trackable. She said that would not be a problem and that they would either ship that day or the next via FedEx and that she would call me back with a tracking as soon as the shipped. She did not call me back with a tracking number but I figured that she was busy and I was too so I didn’t press for a response.

On 01/30/12 I called back to get my tracking number. Erica was busy so Veronica was willing to help but asked for an order number when she couldn’t find anything in the system for me by name. Erica had never given me an order number during our previous calls. After looking for a while Erica was available so she transferred me over to her.

Up to this point I was frustrated but not enough to elevate it to any level. I had shot the shotgun at the range, the owner’s manual is available on the web, having the choke tubes would be nice so I could pattern the gun but I wasn’t in a hurry for them.

Erica answers the phone with “Your parts have shipped.” No hello Mr. Blah Blah Blah, very blunt, and pretty rude IMO. I asked for a tracking number and she said that there wasn’t a tracking number yet. So I asked if it shipped FedEx and her response is that it hadn’t shipped yet and “would ship in another week”. This was seconds after she had just said that they had shipped!I ask her if shipping by 2/6 sounds right and she agrees. Finally I remember to ask for an order number which she has to put me on hold for to get.

So it’s been nearly a month to get some parts that should be off-the-shelf items. I am not confident that my order is correct even after repeating what I needed on every phone call.

Does anyone have a contact for a supervisor or someone who should be able to light a fire under someone to get me these parts?

What really rails me is that this firearm shipped without an owner’s manual or action lock; two items that are necessary for the safe handling, maintenance, etc. of the firearm. What would have happened if someone with lesser abilities field stripped it, put it back together wrong and hurt themselves because they didn’t have the manual or access to the online ones? I don’t think the Mossberg CS reps understand their basic liability and culpability if someone got hurt because it shipped without the manual.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long read but I wanted to be complete

- Ed H.

EdH said:
Does anyone have a contact for a supervisor or someone who should be able to light a fire under someone to get me these parts?
Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long read but I wanted to be complete
- Ed H.

Javier Contreras. apparently he's the new go to guy there. he's helped a few peeps here already.

EdH said:
Is he available at their CS number (203-230-5300)? Is that the number that I should be calling?

Yup that is the number he is available at. Supposedly he is an operations manager there in Eagle Pass Tx. I am the one that has been giving his name as he is the only person I found over there that could actually make things happen.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Back