• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Customer Service...

Ash84

.22LR
THIS IS RUMOR CONTROL, HERE ARE THE FACTS:

Problem 1:

I got a new 835 for Christmas. Right out of the box, gun would not load from the mag tube.

I called Mossberg and ordered a new cartridge stop/interrupter. The lady said they'd put a rush on it, but that it would take 2-3 weeks to ship. This was December 27, 2011.

I called on January 23, 2012 to see where my order was. The lady said they shipped it to me on January 18th, 2012 and to look for it over the next couple of days. I called again today and asked where my order was. "That part is on backorder and we haven't shipped it to you yet but will very soon."

Problem 2:

The gun shoots consistently high. Some loads miss my target (8.5x11" sheet of paper) completely at 30 yards with various loads and chokes. I looked down the barrel and found it to be bowed towards the front. I took it to a local gunsmith and two associates confirmed that it had a bend in it.

I discussed this as well today when I called Roger at Mossberg about my previous order. Roger has been the first person so far to say, "Sorry about that."

Mossberg wanted me to pay shipping to send the gun back to them. I refused and am now supposed to be getting a postage paid lable.

I've had the gun a month and it's already a headache. It's a shame because there's a lot of stuff I like about the gun, mainly the safety/slide release locations and the overbored barrel.

Extremely pissed with Mossberg right now. It's an effort to keep from losing my lid when talking to CS.

Joined just to let you guys know and to see if you could help.

Ash84 said:
THIS IS RUMOR CONTROL, HERE ARE THE FACTS:

Problem 1:

I got a new 835 for Christmas. Right out of the box, gun would not load from the mag tube.

I called Mossberg and ordered a new cartridge stop/interrupter. The lady said they'd put a rush on it, but that it would take 2-3 weeks to ship. This was December 27, 2011.

I called on January 23, 2012 to see where my order was. The lady said they shipped it to me on January 18th, 2012 and to look for it over the next couple of days. I called again today and asked where my order was. "That part is on backorder and we haven't shipped it to you yet but will very soon."

Problem 2:

The gun shoots consistently high. Some loads miss my target (8.5x11" sheet of paper) completely at 30 yards with various loads and chokes. I looked down the barrel and found it to be bowed towards the front. I took it to a local gunsmith and two associates confirmed that it had a bend in it.

I discussed this as well today when I called Roger at Mossberg about my previous order. Roger has been the first person so far to say, "Sorry about that."

Mossberg wanted me to pay shipping to send the gun back to them. I refused and am now supposed to be getting a postage paid lable.

I've had the gun a month and it's already a headache. It's a shame because there's a lot of stuff I like abuot the gun, mainly the safety/slide release locations and the overbored barrel.

Extremely pissed with Mossberg right now. It's an effort to keep from losing my lid when talking to CS.

Joined just to let you guys know and to see if you could help.

I already lost my lid with them several times. Ask for javier contreras. Deal with no one else.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Well, I know these guys are just there to answer the phones pretty much. I told Roger that I wasn't mad at him per say but that this really wasn't good and that something was up with Mossberg since they tried to sell me two different stories like that.

Questions I wanted to ask but kept them to myself:

How did a gun that wouldn't load itself make it through QC?

How did a bowed barrel (on the same gun) make it through their QC?

How can they not stock cartridge stops and cartridge interrupters? It's a common -- dare I say notorious? -- problem with the design, why not keep more on hand?

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Ash84...!!

( BTW...nice reference to Alien3 !! )

Sorry to hear about your problems...I would be more than PO too...but try to keep it together and see if they make it right !! I understand your frustration...had to send my share of guns back to other manufacturers...but I always wound up satisfied. Hang in there bro !!

Keep us updated via this thread... :!:

SHOOTER13 said:
Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Ash84...!!

( BTW...nice reference to Alien3 !! )
Sorry to hear about your problems...I would be more than PO too...but try to keep it together and see if they make it right !! I understand your frustration...had to send my share of guns back to other manufacturers...but I always wound up satisfied. Hang in there bro !!

Keep us updated via this thread... :!:

Holy crap, I figured no one would catch that! Made my day, lol!

Anyway, yeah, this isn't the first time I've had to send a gun off before (had problems with a Weatherby Vanguard once, too) and I'm sure it'll work out in the end.

It's like the old saying, "You have to deal with it, but you don't have to like it."

I'll for sure keep you guys posted.

Well, I guess the lady I spoke with was right. I just received my cartridge stop and cartridge interrupter in the mail. Gun cycles fine so far.

Still need to get the barrel fixed/replaced.

I also think the ejector needs replacing. It ejects fine but it's not very smooth. I looked at a 500 Mosberg at WalMart specifically to look at the ejector in it. Mine is definitely out of spec. It's hard to describe here without pics but it's not a huge deal anyway. I'll probably just order the part from Midway ($6.99) so to avoid some wait and frustration. I'd rather pay money than wait indefinitely for parts.

Anyway, happier today and hoping for the best.

Thursday will be two weeks and I haven't received my shipping label yet. Does anyone else have an idea how long these normally take?

I hate to say this...but....you might want to call them again. When is up to you as to how long you want to wait....

I would certainly call them again and ask for Javier or Joe Zakher

Called yesterday and got sent to voicemail when I asked for Roger. Called back and asked for Javier. Voicemail again and I left a message.

Will try again today.

Does anyone know what their policy is on just getting a refund or something? I'm getting really tired of chasing geese with this company.

Javier called me today and said the label was supposed to be in the package with my cartridge stop and interrupter. Either I didn't see it and threw it away or it wasn't there.

Either way, they're overnighting one to me. I have a tracking number. Not sure but I believe he said the gun would be marked "high priority" once they received it.

If that all goes as stated, then I believe that's very fair. I'll save my accolades until I get my gun back though.

Ash84, Hopefully you're in good hands now. Please keep us posted. Thanks.

Sent the gun off on Friday February 10th. Not much of an update, but I'm using this thread to keep all my dates and timelines together.

Thats a great idea. That's what this topic is for. Keep it up my good man.

Called day before yesterday and the girl said they replaced the barrel and shipped it out to me.

Got it just now. Same barrel -- I can tell by the marks in the camo finish left from the slide. They added new sights though.

No letter or bill explaining any work done.

Hmmm...

Wow... I'd be pretty pissed off.

Mossberg CS and the seemingly air headed people in the repair shop are going to lose this company a LOT of customers.

Just received an updated 930spx mag spring, no charge in a week. Also received a new SPX barrel to replace my canted version no charge in a week. my dealings with them have been excellent!!

Learjet, what do you mean by canted version? Was something wrong with your original barrel? Oh and by the way, I really dispise crappy customer service. I cannot believe companies don't put more effort and time into making sure all customers have a positive experience. Word of mouth whether good or bad is a powerful thing. Good luck with your shotty. Hopefully everything works out.

learjet45 said:
Just received an updated 930spx mag spring, no charge in a week. Also received a new SPX barrel to replace my canted version no charge in a week. my dealings with them have been excellent!!

OUTSTANDING!

Great to see they're takin care of you...

Back