• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg should stop catering to the government

Stag1

.270 WIN
As you have probably seen by now that Mossberg issues special 500 SPX DEA edition shotgun Engraved with the DEA badge ion it. I would rather have seen them to do a batch with the American flag or NRA logo

dea_500-tfb.jpg

To show they are on the side of all civilians and NRA members.

What say you?

I guess I don't really see running a limited edition batch as "catering" to the Gov.

I'm not big on special edition models personally but a flag or something would be nice see

Those small runs are what brings collectors through the door.

There are those that will look at a dozen of the same guns, and walk out the door with the one that is somehow "special" or different. Being an old FFL, I have seen that happen more times than I care to count.

Plus, with the technology that is out there, it's possible to nearly identically clone any engraving or marking from mild to wild, or go with something completely custom like I did on my first silencer I ever built from a good laser engraver.

Widowmakersecurityphoto.jpg

And a little better look at the graphic

laughingdeathlaserengraving.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love my Mossberg and I probably should have label the subject a little different. It just gets me sometimes how it seems all manufacturers seem to cater to government entities more then the general person. I know they get a big chuck of income from government agencys , but I know if no firearms company that could sustain without the support of the common man.

I guess I am get cynical in my old age

Stag1 said:
It just gets me sometimes how it seems all manufacturers seem to cater to government entities more then the general person.
Next time your order 1,000 shotguns, ask them to engrave whatever you like in them.

It has nothing to do with the government. It's just who is paying the bill.

Jeff

Back