• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Anybody out there done any trigger work on the Tac22? I have a ton of take-up on my trigger. I can see what the problem is. Maybe I'll have to fab my own solution?

toyracer38 said:
Anybody out there done any trigger work on the Tac22? I have a ton of take-up on my trigger. I can see what the problem is. Maybe I'll have to fab my own solution?
I have looked in to this quite a bit a while ago. Found a few forum results (rimfire central maybe).

It is apparently a real pain to re-assemble. Gunsmiths having to make special tools to hold certain things in place.

Although the result was said to be nice, it was a toss up weather the hassle was worth it.

It'd be awesome if someone made an aftermarket drop in replacement.

Re: ithaca Tactical .22 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Haven't run into this myself. Was wondering if it only happened when you were moving, but doesn't look like it. Let us know if you figure out what's going on.

the Mossberg 25 round clip that came with the gun is really lose. It rattles quite a bit. Has anyone had this problem and if so what did you do?

Re: Mossberg 715t Help

Hi folks,new here,just loged in today. I to have 715t,love it.shot great. Put red dot scope on it. When i got it i check the barrel float,near the front sight mount,took case apart and installed a small o-ring around the barrel,reassembled,check barrel float,,,did not move. Fired yesterday,10 rounds to sight in red dot. shot fed's from walmart,forty 40yards,3" group. What a great gun,going to have a lots of fun with this one. Thank you all for allowing in and hope this post is ok with everyone,Bill. :D

Loose fitting magazine fix

Well just joined the Mossberg Tactical family a few days ago. I love the value of this gun and it just looks sweet. Now since I brought it home, I really liked everything about the gun but one thing.....the magazine. it wobbled....it rattled.....it felt like it would fall out at any time....and that drove me crazy!!!! So I searched on here and found someone suggested wrapping the thin part of the magazine with black electrical tape. Tried that and did not fix the issue for me. OK...so my second attempt was to put adhesive rubber feet from some routers/switches at work on the flats on the top of the plastic part of the magazine and using a dremel to grind them down until the fit was tight to help stabilize the magazine. This solution sort of worked, but still allowed some rotation of the magazine.....still drove me crazy!!! Then it came to me as I studied the gun.......I decided to use a couple of "pins" used in cabinets that adjustable shelves sit on. I Started by drilling two holes with a bit the same size as the shelf pins....offsetting the holes just a bit front to back to add some additional latteral stability. I then put a piece of masking tape over the guns flat part of the magazine flat and pressed down to get an imprint of where the holes were drilled. I took the tape off and made sure it was upside down to transfer the hole pattern to the top of the magazine. I drilled those holes now. Then insert the pins in the magazine side with some Gorilla Glue super glue. Let it set up and the pins are rock solid. Now you push the magazine in and the pins go into the holes of the gun perfectly and create a rock solid stability front to back and side to side. I could not be more happy and the project did not cost me a dime....had everything right here already. The magazine is perfect now!!! Just wanted to share my results in case this drives anyone else crazy! (Also make sure you only glue the pins on the magazine side. If you ever get another magazine, it will still go in the gun)

IMG_20120622_205534.jpg

IMG_20120622_205600.jpg

Re: Loose fitting magazine fix

bryanjbenn said:
Well just joined the Mossberg Tactical family a few days ago. I love the value of this gun and it just looks sweet. Now since I brought it home, I really liked everything about the gun but one thing.....the magazine. it wobbled....it rattled.....it felt like it would fall out at any time....and that drove me crazy!!!! So I searched on here and found someone suggested wrapping the thin part of the magazine with black electrical tape. Tried that and did not fix the issue for me. OK...so my second attempt was to put adhesive rubber feet from some routers/switches at work on the flats on the top of the plastic part of the magazine and using a dremel to grind them down until the fit was tight to help stabilize the magazine. This solution sort of worked, but still allowed some rotation of the magazine.....still drove me crazy!!! Then it came to me as I studied the gun.......I decided to use a couple of "pins" used in cabinets that adjustable shelves sit on. I Started by drilling two holes with a bit the same size as the shelf pins....offsetting the holes just a bit front to back to add some additional latteral stability. I then put a piece of masking tape over the guns flat part of the magazine flat and pressed down to get an imprint of where the holes were drilled. I took the tape off and made sure it was upside down to transfer the hole pattern to the top of the magazine. I drilled those holes now. Then insert the pins in the magazine side with some Gorilla Glue super glue. Let it set up and the pins are rock solid. Now you push the magazine in and the pins go into the holes of the gun perfectly and create a rock solid stability front to back and side to side. I could not be more happy and the project did not cost me a dime....had everything right here already. The magazine is perfect now!!! Just wanted to share my results in case this drives anyone else crazy! (Also make sure you only glue the pins on the magazine side. If you ever get another magazine, it will still go in the gun)

IMG_20120622_205534.jpg

IMG_20120622_205600.jpg

Nice work and nicely explained with pictures and all! I dont have a Tac .22, but even so, I can appreciate your help here!

Welcome to MO!!!

Re: Loose fitting magazine fix

An elegant solution to a frustrating problem. Nicely done Sir!

ok, love shooting my gun with a 10 rnd mag, but got two new 25rd magazines and can load them fine, little sticky at the 12th round or so, but manageable. My problem is when loaded with more then 14 rounds, it will fire first round, but any rounds between 24-14th will not chamber unless I pull magazine out, and play with the rounds, usually pulling out one round and putting back in. When I hit 14 or less rounds in the magazine, it works just fine. kinda upset of paying almost double for the 25 round that only let me load and extra 4 rounds past the 10 round magazine. anyone have this issue, and any ideas how to fix this issue?

william488 said:
ok, love shooting my gun with a 10 rnd mag, but got two new 25rd magazines and can load them fine, little sticky at the 12th round or so, but manageable. My problem is when loaded with more then 14 rounds, it will fire first round, but any rounds between 24-14th will not chamber unless I pull magazine out, and play with the rounds, usually pulling out one round and putting back in. When I hit 14 or less rounds in the magazine, it works just fine. kinda upset of paying almost double for the 25 round that only let me load and extra 4 rounds past the 10 round magazine. anyone have this issue, and any ideas how to fix this issue?

Don't know how to fix but read on another forum that several people load their 25 mags and let them sit for a week or more -their claim it weakens the spring and the mag works great after that

I am having an issue with my bolt locking open on its own. I can't shoot more than a few rounds before it locks. No jams thankfully, but it seems like the finger grip just falls over there too easily. Any ideas?

Re: ithaca Tactical .22 Autoloader Troubleshooting

bellofello said:
Anyone have issues with the bolt staying open during firing?

My bolt handle keeps catching on the inside of the receiver where it is notched out to lock the bolt. During cycling.

It does it a few times in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvyEU9dvhbU&sns=em

Yes I have precisely this problem with mine. Have you disassembled the gun to determine if there is something internal causing the bolt to catch?

MOSSBERG TACTICAL 22 MAG ISSUES

So I just picked my Tactical 22 up from the store today (california), and while fidling with it, I find it hard for the 10 round clip to load and harder to release. When I try to release it, it feels as if its stuck and I have to yank it out with the release lever down. Not sure what the problem is? Is anyone else having the same issues with the stock 10 round mag?

Re: MOSSBERG TACTICAL 22 MAG ISSUES

Howdy robupnya and welcome to the club...
while I cannot help with that problem, maybe one of our other members might be able to...

Re: MOSSBERG TACTICAL 22 MAG ISSUES

Moving this to the Tac22 section for greater visibility...

Trouble Disassembling tactical 22 autoloader

I have a screw that attaches to the stock of the gun that will not come out. Therefore I can not clean my gun. Anyone else had this problem?

This is my first post here. It seems as though many others are having the same problems with the failure to feed that i am having. Today was the 2nd time to the range with the 715t. the first time was a few weeks ago after purchase of the brand new rifle. I was only able to put 75 rounds through it that day. Of those 75 rounds, it failed to feed between 15 and 20 times. i had cleaned it and put a minimal amount of lube on it. i cleaned and lubed it again in between range sessions. i have 2 of the 25 round mags and had left them loaded for at least 2 weeks. today, i was able to put 175 rounds through it with a fail to feed after nearly every round. i had only one run where i got 4 rounds out before the bolt stuck open, 4 times where i was able to get 3 rounds out, and maybe a dozen times where i could get the 2nd round without a fail to feed issue. on every fail to feed so far, i can pull the bolt back and out and it will feed correctly.

needless to say i am very disappointed. while at the range( a 200yrd lane cut into the woods with a good backstop at my mother's house), i slowly worked the bolt back and forth. on moving into the open position, it seems to catch at the spot where it locks. i am wondering if the bolt is actually getting locked in tat position on the way back, just after it ejects the spent round? has any of the other members that have this issue noticed the same thing? has any one actually contacted mossberg and gotten an answer or repair done?

i plan on cleaning it tonight, feeling that maybe i over-lubed it causing the increase in fail to feeds. and hopefully trying again on monday to see if that theory holds water, but pending a 100% improvement, i will be giving mossberg a call on tuesday.

thanks for any replies or any insight on how to fix this issue.

Back