• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Troubleshooting

federal bulk from wally world, cci blazers and one "not so cheap kind" that i can't think of off the top of my head as i am nearing 24 hours of non sleep.

i honestly don't think this is an issue with ammo. like i said, the bolt will not cycle smoothly on the back stroke. it catches where it locks open. i honestly think this is where the issue lies. i have a dlsr camera that takes hd video. and i have some vodeo editing software that i have never used. i may see if can get some video on monday and look at it fram by frame if possible with the editing program to see what is happening. i doubt i will, but it seems like a fun experiment.

That is a brilliant idea! I might try that too. When I used the bulk Winchester ammo from Wally world I had some failures with feed and eject. Moving to cci mini mags eliminated the jams, but created the locking issues (I think). I also did a full cleaning between the issues.

well, the experiment was good and bad. i had no help so i had to put the camera on a tripod and ended up in poor focus. what i could see is that the bolt only opens far enough to eject the spent casing. it does not go all the way back, then forward again. it just goes back to the locked position and stays there.

out of 5o rounds today, i had one run of 4 in a row and 5 times where i got 2 consecutive rounds off. the rest were single shots. i'll start calling mossberg tomorrow

Have you tried different ammo? I run either CCI Tactical, or Winchester M22 in mine and have had 0 issues. I had 1 ftf in like 800 rounds, bullet had a bad tip.

http://youtu.be/H7149dRn_g0 Me firing off 25 rounds showing the bolt fairly close.

Well, add me to the list of 715t FTF (failure to feed) crowd.
But mine has a happy ending.
Purchased my 715t two weeks ago and headed to the range. With a variety of ammo I was getting a failure to feed (same as everyone...rounds were ramming into the back of the breech) every 4 or 5 shots.
Came home more than a bit dissatisfied and after a web search concluded I'd try a new mag before I sent the gun back to Mossberg. This past Saturday took out the new mag and a variety of ammo...everything from bargain basement Federal Eagle to RWS Target.
250 rounds later...NOT A SINGLE FAILURE.
Woo-hoo.
Tried the original mag...and it failed 4 times on the first try!!!
Took the mag back yesterday and exchanged it...tried the new one and I now have two mags (and a gun) that seems to perform perfectly.
But Mossberg's gotta do something about the design or quality control issues with the mags...it seems about 85% of the complaints (and ticked off customers) are stemming from a $20 part.

i have the original mag and a new one also. still the same thing. i've had at last 4 kinds of ammo through it. it makes no difference. i just got off the phone with Mossberg. not pleased at all with their service. they wanted me to pay for shipping back. umm no. so they decided to pay for shipping back to them. it's a one time deal, any other problems with this or any other guns, new or not, will be on my dime. i don't think so. I WILL not pay for shipping to or from on this gun and i will never own another mossberg because of their attitude with the shipping. i look at this as poor customer service and want nothing of company that won't stand behind their product.

i think that once it back and know that it is working correctly, i'll be selling it and getting the smith and wesson 15-22

snagglepuss I have had several lengthy conversations with Mossberg about these 715T mags. They are working on a new design currently. I suggested that they just do an all polymer mag, they said they are working on a few different designs, all polymer being one of them. Now how fast they get it done and to market is the question.

speedyquad, i'm sorry that you are having such a difficult time with your 715T. Sometimes a lemon is a lemon is a lemon, even in firearms it happens. Don't give up on Mossberg though, they do have a good reputation and build AMAZING shotguns. The 715T in my opinion was a hurried development that was rushed to market without a full battery of quality control testing. Now it is coming back to haunt them. As a result I think Mossberg will design and build more quality into these types of entry weapons future. Secondly for the cost, it is what it is. I also believe that these 715T's were just a staging platform for trial and error ideas for the MMR's.

i've had mossberg shotguns in the past. the problem i now have with them is their service. according to them, if i ever have to send another gun back to them, even a brand new one, it will be on my dime. that is unacceptable service to me as i paid for a new functioning firearm. i should not have to pay for shipping to a company for their product that has malfunctioned out of the box.

when he said they would send me a shipping label as a one time service, they lost me as a customer. even though it is on the cheaper side of firearms, it is still expensive and the company should be bending over backwards to make me a happy customer. I mentioned going to the smith for a replacement, and the reason for this is that i know many people that have gotten a "lemon" from smith and wesson and have sent guns back multiple times on smith's dimes.

i'm currently uploading a video, although blurry, showing how bad this is. the gun is basically a single shot at the moment.

for all of those that have solved this issue with a different mag, were the rounds actually jammed, or were you able to pull the bolt back and out(basically going through the steps to unlock the bolt from the locked position) to load the next round into the chamber?

That's a feeding problem speedy. It's ejecting but it's not feeding so the bolt thinks that was the last shot fired and stays open.

I agree about the shipping issue. Mossberg should be responsible for shipping end of story.

Went to the range today with my 715T with 2 different types of ammo, Winchester experts and cci 22 tactical. Found the cci a better round and lest jams in relation to the other where it caught the shells after about every round. Thinking its my mag but also thinking its the bolt also. Bolt seems to cycle faster than the mag hence my shells catching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khMYMZX ... ata_player

so you feel that this is an issue with my magazines? both of them? the gun is going back to mossberg. i'll be interested to see what the say or do if it is a case of a bad magazine(s). i def. don't want to waste money buying mags just to find 2 or 3 that work correctly.

would you send both mags in to them? i'd be afraid that i may only get one back.

as far as the shipping goes, you would think that a company, with social media being so popular on the internet, would want to bend over backwards to make a customer with a brand new item, be happy with their product.

Nightnemo, 2 things. First, run all CCI through it for the first several hundred rounds, keep mags loaded all the time even when gun is stored at home, break in the spring. Second, clean that damn thing, your slide is filthy. Your issue appears to be only ammo related. These rifles do seem picky about the ammo they are fed.

speedyquad, not sure if it's your mag(s) or the gun to be honest, but it is not feeding correctly which makes me think it's a mag issue. I could be totally wrong too, without actually handling the rifle it's just an educated guess.

I got (1) 25 round mag with the rifle and bought (3) more 25 round mags at a gun shop later. Of the (3) I purchased (1) broke while trying to load it the first time right out of the package. I sent it to Mossberg, a month later I got a brand new mag in return, it loaded and functions fine without issue and loads to 25 everytime. It took a month to replace it because the mags were on backorder even at Mossberg.

Maybe if we could get enough people to show interest we could get Magpul or Command Arms to build an aftermarket 30 round polymer mag (wishful thinking I know.)

Re: Trouble Disassembling tactical 22 autoloader

rnel10 said:
I have a screw that attaches to the stock of the gun that will not come out. Therefore I can not clean my gun. Anyone else had this problem?

Not sure if anyone has answered this yet but this "screw" that holds the stock in place is actually a bolt where one end screws into a nut (that looks like a screw) on the opposite end. Not sure if I explained that right but basically once you are able to unscrew one side of the bolt, the other side pops out by stickin and punch through the other side and hammering it out. It does not "screw" out.

Bonesteel that was after being for about 2 hours but yes I heard the rifle is picky about its ammo. Cci seem to better even though they have a slight coating of wax, and the rifle got cleaned after the video was recorded

I have been having feed issues, as well as the Bolt locking into the open position. I called the place I purchased it from, and they had me ship them the bolt, and bolt handle.

they are supposed to be shipping me replacement parts for it, hopefully this fixes the issue.

Back