• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Trophy Hunter Combo - Dicks Sporting Goods

JoeRotella

.270 WIN
Hello All anybody have an opinion on the MOSSBERG TROPHY HUNTER RIFLE COMBO for sale at Dicks Sporting Goods in RI it is $319.00 on the combo I have listed below?
Any thoughts?

It comes in STANDARD CALIBERS - I want .223, the combo INCLUDES 3-9x40 SCOPE and FREE BINOCULARS AND SOFT GUN CASE BY MAIL - AN $87.98 VALUE
See below:
http://dickssportinggoods.shoplocal.com ... DSG-111009

The clerk is trying to sell me the Savage instead of the Mossberg but I am partial to Mossberg - any thoughts?

It sounds like a pretty good deal!

I dont know much about the rifle though...

Have you checked out that section for any info?

Hey Joe, also good to know is if the clerks pushing you buy it because he's saying the give aways ends on the 15th. It doesn't. Their sale does.

Here's the link to the free stuff if you'd like more info on it as well. And it's not just at Dick's as the ad says...false...

http://www.internetguncatalog.com/Porta ... ePromo.pdf

Also do you know what model name it is? Is it a 4x4, ATR or TREK Bolt-Action rifle? I can't find too much at the moment because I'm on my phone. Have you googled it for any reviews on it?

Thanks for the info, the clerk says that for starters the Mossberg stock is some kind of composite wood product not real wood, I tried to confirm this but was unsuccessful. Also that the savage is just a better gun. I am really not that concerned with the extra items but if it’s in the package I would take them. As I mentioned i am very partial to Mossberg, I own a silver reserve sporting, 500 50th anniversary and .22 tactical. I have a Remington .22 570 and a Marlin 60 .22. and many pistols.

Seems like a good deal...and don't let him talk you out of it !!

Well I went to Dicks last night and bought the Trophy Hunter combo in 30 06. Paid $318.00. We have a 7 day wait in RI so i will let you know when I actually get to shoot it. Seems like a good deal.

Nicely done sir. Don't forget to send in for that free stuff before the end of the month. We'll be looking forward to a full report after you fire off that badboy.

Hello All, finaly after almost 2 weeks (7 day wait in RI + Dicks delay in getting paperwork to Police) I just picked up the 30. 06 Trophy Hunter Combo last night. I am hoping to shoot it this Sunday. The sales guy was pushing me hard to go with the Savage Edge - I will let you know if I made a mistake.

I sure you will be happy with your purchase...and we're all looking forward to the range report and pics Joe !!

+1 rep for sticking to your guns...!! ;)

Sorry for the delay, i was away last week- the bottom line is I am not sorry I picked it up. Kicks like a mule in .30 -06 but i expected it. fired 20 rounds performed well. The only thing i wish was better was the scope is not as good as it could be. But it was included so I guess for $319 i wont complain. I would not have any problem recomending it to anyone.

Excellent Joe! I'm glad you're happy. Have you thought about a Limbsaver pad?

I recently purchased the Mossberg Trophy Hunter Combo in the 308. I had the same problem you did Joe, i couldn't find much information on the gun which made me hesitant to buy it. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet.

m8l9gp.jpg

Back