• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

mossy 151m not advancing.

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
I just got done refinishing a Mossberg 151M semi auto .22lr
When I have it loaded with 10 shots, it does not advance the first shot. After I get it in the chamber, it still will not advance to the next round, even though it ejects the spent casing. Everything is clean and lubed. Could it be the spring is not any good anymore? It still has resistance to it...but maybe it needs more.
Here's pix of it all finished...

NCM_1184.JPG

NCM_1181.JPG

NCM_1180.JPG

NCM_1175.JPG NCM_1183.JPG

Sorry RIP I don't have an answer for ya,,,,,,,,but that's a real nice job you did. She's a beauty!

I found this on another sight,,,,,says it can be tricky to reassemble.

C&P

First, make sure that the magazine tube is functioning correctly and that you can see the end of the plunger in the bottom of the chamber.
Second, remove the barrel from the stock and inspect the magazine tube assembly. Make sure that the cartridge cut-off and spring are working correctly. There is a tension spring attached to a slot under the magazine tube and secured with a wood screw forward of the tube. The screw hole is slotted to allow fore and aft adjustment of the magazine tube.
Third, when you reassemble the barrel to the stock the alignment of the magazine tube is critical. You will notice on the bottom of the receiver, where the magazine tube rests, that there are four small slots cut in the bottom. These four slots align with the four metal tabs on the outside of the magazine tube. The tabs must align with the slots when the barrel is attached. If you install the barrel lightly your can check the alignment of the two parts. If they don't line up, loosed the tension spring screw to move the tube as needed. The tension spring keeps the magazine tube pressed up against the receiver into the four slots. The cartridge cut-off rides against the bolt to release the shell from the magazine.
Everything must be aligned or it will not feed correctly.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
How'd I know you'd be the one to figure it out.
Nicely done sir...

I know exactly the part I need to look at. I have the screw set kinda loose cuz I thought that the magazine tube felt too tight sliding it in and out. That is where I need to adjust it then...

Thanks Doug.

Last edited:
In that diagram, on the bottom right side, part number s250 is the part i need to adjust along with lining up the tabs...

Thanks man...

From what I was reading it's pretty tricky to reassemble.

A little bit. I was having trouble the trigger spring. It wraps around the magazine tube and held in place with a pin you need to slide through the stock,trigger spring and across the tube and back into the spring then trigger then out the stock. I needed 3 hands....

WE HAVE BUSH!!!

Ok I figured it was the spring but it was those 4 tabs that I didn't have lined up to the notches. All lined up.
Cycles like a charm...now I gotta sight it in when it stops rainin....
Thanx again big D!!

Last edited:
What was the site you found that first post of the process ?

I just got done refinishing a Mossberg 151M semi auto .22lr
When I have it loaded with 10 shots, it does not advance the first shot. After I get it in the chamber, it still will not advance to the next round, even though it ejects the spent casing. Everything is clean and lubed. Could it be the spring is not any good anymore? It still has resistance to it...but maybe it needs more.
Here's pix of it all finished...

View attachment 6573

View attachment 6574

View attachment 6575

View attachment 6576 View attachment 6572

Damn bro, she's gorgeous!

Wow...just wow.
Once I got it sighted in after 15 shots, it turned into a monster tack driver. I love this thing.
Alas, it's not mine...I was just refinishing for my buddy. But at least it will be close by...he's gonna have to invite me over to fondle it often....

Sighting it in....

NCM_1193.JPG

And after...(as close to center as I could get....

NCM_1194.JPG

Both were at 100 feet away...

Back