• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

mountain lion found in a garage!!!

Holy smokes, too bad theyre in CA in the burbs. If it were me, we'd have a new wall hanging and meat.

Those things are wicked strong and quick. Smart too. Had one as a kid back home in TX. A good family friend was a ranger with TX parks and wildlife. He rescued two cubs when their mother was killed by a poacher. He kept them, trained them, and eventually bred the female with a cat from another owner. We got one of her cubs when it was old enough. Lived in the house for a month or so until we got the "compound" built outside. He was de-clawed, but those teeth were plenty sharp. Fed it chicken quarters and you could hear the bones snapping like toothpicks. Used to take it walkin on a heavy duty harness and leash until it got too big. Took him up to my high-school biology class one day, with permission of course and at the request of the school. Would carry him draped around my shoulders holding the leash and his tail. He'd ride up there all day and loved all the attention from the class.

Once he got up to around 125 lbs he was impossible to handle though. Those hormones started flowin and he got REALLY territorial. He was always a kitten with my mom, but my dad and I couldn't get close to the cage anymore without an aggressive display of hissing and charging.

We made the call that he ended up becoming a permanent resident of a big cat sanctuary and education center nearby. Was a pretty cool experience. Not too many people ever get to see them upclose, let alone live with one.

I'm sure that was awesome! It seems from all the shows about animals attacking, many people arent able to make the call to have the animal go to a sanctuary.

oh man...^^^ i am jealous of your great experience. i love panthers. ( but all cats are cool) i saw one at the san diego zoo. very sad. i'm pretty sure he did not like it there. roaming free is the way to be.

Its been many years since I was at the San Diego zoo. When I was there, the enclosures were all just large cages along the path.

Yeah it was a tough call, but was best for us and for the cat.

The compound we built for him was about 50'x40'. It had a couple trees, an eight foot waterfall with a big pool at the bottom, and a huge covered den. He had a good life with us, but he had MUCH more room where he ended up plus other cats to interact with. When we'd go visit he always looked fat and happy...

Back