• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MS Senator get's mail with ricin

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Remember all the kooks coming out of the woodwork after 9-11? Looks like they're coming out again, except this ricin had to have been mailed prior to yesterday's Boston bombing. Roger Wicker is a MS Senator that I've communicated with a few times.

WASHINGTON (AP) — An envelope addressed to Sen. Roger Wicker of Mississippi tested positive Tuesday for ricin, a potentially fatal poison, congressional officials said, heightening concerns about terrorism a day after a bombing killed three and left more than 170 injured at the Boston Marathon.

One senator, Claire McCaskill of Missouri, said authorities have a suspect in the fast-moving ricin case, but she did not say if an arrest had been made. She added the letter was from an individual who frequently writes lawmakers.

The FBI and U.S. Capitol Police are both investigating.

Terrance W. Gainer, the Senate sergeant-at-arms, said in an emailed message to Senate offices that the envelope to Wicker, a Republican, had no obviously suspicious outside markings, bore a postmark of Memphis, Tenn., and lacked a return address.

He added there was "no indication that there are other suspect mailings." Yet he urged caution, and also said the Senate off-site mail facility where the initial tests were performed on the letter will be closed for a few days while the investigation continues.

The letter was discovered at a mail processing plant in Prince George's County in suburban Maryland, according to Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill.

Wicker's office issued a statement saying "any inquiries regarding member security must be directed to the United States Capitol Police."

GunnyGene said:
Remember all the kooks coming out of the woodwork after 9-11? Looks like they're coming out again, except this ricin had to have been mailed prior to yesterday's Boston bombing. Roger Wicker is a MS Senator that I've communicated with a few times.

WASHINGTON (AP) — An envelope addressed to Sen. Roger Wicker of Mississippi tested positive Tuesday for ricin, a potentially fatal poison, congressional officials said, heightening concerns about terrorism a day after a bombing killed three and left more than 170 injured at the Boston Marathon.

One senator, Claire McCaskill of Missouri, said authorities have a suspect in the fast-moving ricin case, but she did not say if an arrest had been made. She added the letter was from an individual who frequently writes lawmakers.
The FBI and U.S. Capitol Police are both investigating.

Terrance W. Gainer, the Senate sergeant-at-arms, said in an emailed message to Senate offices that the envelope to Wicker, a Republican, had no obviously suspicious outside markings, bore a postmark of Memphis, Tenn., and lacked a return address.

He added there was "no indication that there are other suspect mailings." Yet he urged caution, and also said the Senate off-site mail facility where the initial tests were performed on the letter will be closed for a few days while the investigation continues.

The letter was discovered at a mail processing plant in Prince George's County in suburban Maryland, according to Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill.

Wicker's office issued a statement saying "any inquiries regarding member security must be directed to the United States Capitol Police."

Damn, now we're all under suspicion. I send a lot of emails but have sent a few printed and signed letters.

One question that pops into my head is how many of these same types of letters does the president or members of congress get that go unpublicised to the public until which time it needs to be to furthur an agenda or distract us?

carbinemike said:
Breaking news - they made an arrest. No details yet.

Just saw that. Apparently a Kenneth Curtis from Tupelo, right up Hwy 45 from me. Elvis' home town. We go up there a couple times a month.

Here's the story from the Daily Journal:
OXFORD — A man in Mississippi has been arrested and accused of sending letters with suspected ricin poison to President Barack Obama and other leaders.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Daniel McMullen said the man was arrested Wednesday. His name wasn't immediately released publicly.

Authorities still waited for definitive tests on the letters to Obama and Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., which had raised concern Wednesday at a time when many people were jittery after the Boston bombings.

An FBI intelligence bulletin obtained by The Associated Press said those two letters were postmarked Memphis, Tenn.

According to Peter Williams of NBC news and other national media outlets the suspect arrested in connection with the suspicious letters is Kenneth Curtis of Tupelo.

From Twitter - BREAKING: Suspect arrested for sending suspicious letters to Pres Obama/Sen Wicker ID'd as Kenneth Curtis of Tupelo, MS - @PeteWilliamsNBC

Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson says he will have a press conference at 9 p.m. to release more information.

An FBI intelligence bulletin obtained by The Associated Press said those two letters were postmarked Memphis, Tenn. Both letters said: "To see a wrong and not expose it, is to become a silent partner to its continuance." Both were signed, "I am KC and I approve this message."

http://djournal.com/view/full_story/222 ... news_right

Back