• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Muslims arrested at water reservoir

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I am a believer that the war on terror must stereotype. 7 muslims from 3 different countries, they live in 5 different towns, recent college graduates with at least some in chemical engineering are caught at one of the nations largest man made reservoirs in the middle of the night. They cited educational and career interests for being there. Uhhhh, that would be to look at H2O which they can watch come out of the faucet.

BELCHERTOWN (CBS) – Shortly after midnight Tuesday, seven people were caught trespassing at the Quabbin Reservoir.

State Police say the five men and two women are from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore, and “cited their education and career interests” for being in the area. The men told police they were chemical engineers and recent college graduates.

The Quabbin, in Belchertown, is one of the country’s largest man-made public water supplies. Boston’s drinking water comes from the Quabbin and the Wachusett Reservoirs.

State Police say there were no warrants or advisories on any of the individuals and “there was no evidence that the seven were committing any crime beyond the trespassing.”

All seven were allowed to leave and will be summonsed to court for trespassing. The FBI is investigating and routine checks of public water supplies have been increased following the incident.

The seven individuals currently live in Amherst, Cambridge, Sunderland, Northampton and New York City. Police have not released their names because a court date has not been set.

The link includes a video clip:
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/...in-reservoir-patrols-stepped-up-across-state/

Holy smokes! You can't tell me they're not testing and seeing our responses. Those precious and vulnerable resources need to be protected.

Some of you might remember this little excerpt from one of my posts in the Tennessee Nuke plant thread....

Once terrorists get over themselves and their ability to catch us off guard and make us scream out like little girls...they'll figure out that hard targets like our utilities...nuke, coal, hydro-power plants, transmission lines and water reservoirs and their systems are what will cripple us and actually make us vulnerable. I fear this far more than a bombing in a business district. London has survived that type of terrorism for years and years...it hasn't broken them yet and it won't us either.

This incident just further proves our vulnerability to potentially catastrophic terror strikes. A cup full of botulism or some other form of potent toxin is all it takes in a city's water system...and the casualties would be staggering. Scares the livin' life outta me.

You don't have to be a PhD to come up with any number of places, municiple or private, that provide goods and/or sevices to people that would potentially impact 1000's if not more before people even realized something was not right, much less identify the source.

Early settlers killed off large numbers of native americans with blankets infected with small pox. Not exactly high tech. Given the resources available today....

...AND we spend how much annually on homeland security?? "In fiscal year 2011, DHS was allocated a budget of $98.8 billion..." and they don't even have Barney Fife assigned to the water supply of a major US city??

BOTH WTC terrorist flights (American #11, United #175) originated from Boston's Logan Airport BTW.

Nightime educational walk my arse!!! :twisted:

DHS is too busy buying bullets.

mingaa said:
John A. said:
DHS is too busy buying bullets.
Well can they allocate ONE to Barney and send him up to the reservoir?!?! :eek:
:lol:

Makes one wonder where all the money is being spent (other than ammo) and if most utility sites like this reservoir are sitting unprotected? Unarmed, private security guards don't count as adequate protection on those kind of potential high loss targets.

Is it going to take a successful terrorist attack on one of these sites to make the government act? I certainly hope not.

No harm...no foul. Nothing happened. So why should they be bothered with frivolous things like our water supply? It will take more than that for them to do something. But then they will make a tax hike to say they need more money to protect our water.

MossLvR, I think they'll be watched. But I don't think they'll be watched/secured/protected soley by DHS. Notice this article didn't even mention DHS. It mentioned Boston PD.

Just like the borders won't be secured by the border patrol.

cmcmcdonald, unfortunately, a loss has always been needed to get results done here.

Whether it be installing a rail road crossing bar across a busy highway or enacting the patriot act after 9/11. Without a public outcry, things just do not seem to get anywhere without it.

Another old term is "the squeeky wheel gets the grease".

I think these muslims planned to poison the water reservoir and I believe this is another display of domestic terrorism that came over America. At first they sabotaged nuclear power plants, then they attacked people along country, and now they targeted the most vital things and thankfully this time they were stopped but how we can be sure that next time they won't succeed. By the way in Europe people really consider a possibility to deport all muslims and I think we should do the same because the situation is beyond our control and the time for urgent measures has come. I'm sure no one will care about muslims because they did too much harm to all of us. Until muslims united within our country we have to put all of them into highly guarded reservations where all muslims will be kept until they got what they deserve.

^^^ So you want to follow the same route we went when we rounded up all the Japanese and put em in camps untill further notice?

I think we should deport all those that have been found to be in Muslim extremest groups. As well as denying any and all further entry to the USA by anyone in the middle east....yep that is a little extreme...but that is just my opinion.

Or we could just nuke em all and have a big ole Middle east parking lot. ;)

Maybe I am too old to discuss this, but I say shoot first and ask questions after. I know this sounds harsh but what do we want? I am not PC nor will I ever be. Americans like us are not the problem. As long as our gov't tries to be PC (in regards to law breakers) then we have no hope of getting back to where our country belongs. When we as a country started letting the libs take over the court system we were doomed. If you go to jail you have committed a crime against America and you should be treated as a threat to the community in which we all live.

ripjack13 said:
^^^ So you want to follow the same route we went when we rounded up all the Japanese and put em in camps untill further notice?

I think we should deport all those that have been found to be in Muslim extremest groups. As well as denying any and all further entry to the USA by anyone in the middle east....yep that is a little extreme...but that is just my opinion.

I think you're on the right track Rip and as usual so is John. Detention nor internment camps are the answer at this stage of the game. However, absolutely no quarter should be given to those who conspire to or commit an act of terrorism. Those who choose to ally themselves with terrorist organizations should expect to be monitored...closely. Those who are not citizens and choose their playmates poorly should be deported forthwith.

cmcdonald said:
ripjack13 said:

I think you're on the right track Rip and as usual so is John. Detention nor internment camps are the answer at this stage of the game. However, absolutely no quarter should be given to those who conspire to or commit an act of terrorism. Those who choose to ally themselves with terrorist organizations should expect to be monitored...closely. Those who are not citizens and choose their playmates poorly should be deported forthwith.

For some reason I think this is what would be done in a Muslim country and worse..............kinda happy I live in North America :).

MossLvR said:
For some reason I think this is what would be done in a Muslim country and worse..............kinda happy I live in North America :).
A year ago I would have agreed completely as I have always considered myself "a live and let live" kind of person. We could be on the verge of the fight of our lives; all it takes is for weak or corrupt individuals in the right positions to waver or act on their evil motives...and an avalanche will start. Our enemies are waiting to pounce. I fear what might happen if the US were to falter. Canada would not last long without the US.

No empire has ever lasted, the UK remains but looks nothing like its former self. We could only be so lucky to hang on as they have with a democratic society, even small as it is now. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but change is in the wind and our enemies are amongst us and are planning our demise. Of that I have no doubt. Terrorists now lurk where I grew up, where we all grew up. In those carefree neighborhoods of our youth, where we played without real fear. Now, our enemies live under our noses, next door, down the street, in the next town............

cmcdonald said:
MossLvR said:
A year ago I would have agreed completely as I have always considered myself "a live and let live" kind of person. We could be on the verge of the fight of our lives; all it takes is for weak or corrupt individuals in the right positions to waver or act on their evil motives...and an avalanche will start. Our enemies are waiting to pounce. I fear what might happen if the US were to falter. Canada would not last long without the US.

No empire has ever lasted, the UK remains but looks nothing like its former self. We could only be so lucky to hang on as they have with a democratic society, even small as it is now. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but change is in the wind and our enemies are amongst us and are planning our demise. Of that I have no doubt. Terrorists now lurk where I grew up, where we all grew up. In those carefree neighborhoods of our youth, where we played without real fear. Now, our enemies live under our noses, next door, down the street, in the next town............

It's not a few mosquito bites from the occasional foreign or domestic terrorist or nutcase that we need fear. It's the over reaction by our government (and ourselves) to such events that is the real danger. Examples abound. Most recently the government response to Sandy Hook.

Absolutely.

The carnage isn't the end goal. Ultimately it's not our lives they're after, but our way of life. Disrupting how we as Americans live and causing our own government to come after our freedoms and liberties under the guise of "safety" gives them far more satisfaction than killing a few of us...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Absolutely.

The carnage isn't the end goal. Ultimately it's not our lives they're after, but our way of life. Disrupting how we as Americans live and causing our own government to come after our freedoms and liberties under the guise of "safety" gives them far more satisfaction than killing a few of us...

Where we went wrong is allowing (and demanding )the Federal or State Government to take over responsibility for our individual and local safety. We all know about separation of powers, but there is also separation of Responsibility. We the People have abdicated - for the most part - our role for local and individual responsibility for our safety and well being, and expect and demand that the Government pick up the slack. Then we complain when they fail to do what the Federal Government was never designed to do. This also opened the door to an unending stream of Federal control of our personal lives to the delight of those personalities who crave control of others.

I refer to the Bill of Rights: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

Nowhere in the Constitution is there a delegation to the Federal Government of the power (or responsibility) to provide each citizen with Federal protection on an individual basis. That's our job, but many in this country believe otherwise, hence the birth of the Nanny State.

Our enemies have always hated us, the west...not so much for what we are but more for what we have. I believe that wholeheartedly. As many muslims and middle easterners as I have ever met, have all assimilated to the extent at least of enjoying the lifestyle perks that come with western life. Not quite sure what part of our western culture they find so evil. It's certainly not money, cars, big houses or most things that go with an affluent lifestyle. IMO, religion and the so-called "jihad" are an excuse to try to take what we have.

The carnage is definitely a means to an end...that being, that we would feel the same woes and religious chains that their own nutcase societies have imposed on them. And, as LES stated setting our nations on fire with suspicion and security checkpoints, etc.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my earlier post, but I am in no way advocating the watering down of freedom or the erosion of rights by way of knee-jerk reaction. But, rather was stating that each of us recognizing the threat is critical. IMO, we are facing threats on many levels both at the governmental level down to my own backyard. I am in complete agreement that we need to each be responsible for our own personal security and do our part to ensure the continuation of our way of life.

Unfortunately, their plan is working so far and I pray we can stop it before this goes too far.

Back