• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP bolt?

munchie3409

Copper BB
I've seen on youtube along with other's comments on how bad the MVP bolt is...my question is has anyone polished the MVP bolt to make it more user friendly? I know that if you cycle the bolt hundreds/thousands of times it will smooth out eventually. I just wanted a smooth bolt from the start. I would have thought that since the MVP has a fluted bolt body that it would help, but from the vids I've seen it's still an issue.

I'm thinking that Flitz polish with dremel would smooth out thebolt.

I don't expect it to be as smooth as Tikka/Sako action, but it (MVP) looks pretty bad. This is coming from a Savage fan that knows that Savage actions are terrible as well.

Mines polished slicker than a greased goose;) only took a few hundred rounds :D

A careful polish as you described will work too.

FWIW: Before their acceptance and adoption by hunters, the bolt action rifle was developed as a martial arm. The action was meant to be worked with vigor !

Using full thirty round magazines does put upward pressure on the bolt and therefore increases drag on it. It may be perceived as bad but it of itself is not.
It is however new and different to those of us accustomed to the usual flat spring magazine and will take some getting used to.
I prefer to use the factory supplied magazines or the like as they are all I prefer the trimness of them. They also give a "feel" not unlike fixed flat spring mags to me as far as working the bolt goes.

Back