• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My 510 mini only holds 3 shells

joeyant

Copper BB
I just bought a Mossber 510 mini in 410 gauge and removed the long wooden dowel. But I can only push three 2 1/2 shells in the magazine chamber. Any advice?

UltimateCC is correct, the 510 mini is a 3+1 capacity :(

Bought this weapon as a home defense gun for the wife, and that is my only disappointing factor...

I bought a TacStar side saddle for it to increase rounds, but it doesn't fit because of the reduced size of the 510 (vs. the 500). Once mounted, the forend won't come all the way back.

Still looking for other options... I don't like the elastic ones, and they wouldn't go on because of the different stock I put on it.

IMG_1401.jpg

I got to tinkering last night with what I have.

The stock I added has that small 3 round holder there, but its in 12ga. I had some black foam weatherstripping laying around my garage, and put a small 1 inch piece in each round holder. Viola! Holds 20ga like a champ!

As soon as I find my digital camera, I'll put some pics up... we just moved into a new house, and its in a box somewhere :(

Good lookin gun! My daughter has a 500 .410, but I'd like to get her something like the mini, or at least a bantam stock. Not sure yet.

Back