• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My 590 50663 and planned upgrades

I have a Mossberg 590 model 50663, and I'm planning on some modifications. First off, here are some pics.

20120814_235100.jpg

20120814_235043.jpg

So far I've ordered a GG&G front sling attachment.

ggghk.jpg

A Tacstar side saddle.

tacstar.jpg

The next items I'm looking at are the Mako railed forend( I already have a Magpul AFG, RFG, and a tactical light with mount) and a knoxx gen 2 stock, Let me know what you think about my choices so far.

Sounds good, look forward to seeing the completed project.

If you want a Gen 1 stock I know where you can get a good deal. ;)

I'd go with the Gen1 Knoxx over the Gen2 any day.

We've got a few members here who had the "re-designed" pistol grip on the Gen2 snap off in their hand the first time at the range. If you do get a Gen2, good luck...

Good stuff for a great shotgun!

If you install the front sling mount you'll need to address how to mount your sling at the rear because the bottom sling swivel stud would now be in the wrong place.

I like that you're so far keeping it pretty simple. Gadgets never trump being a trained instictive shooter. Budget some money for lots of practice ammo. :)

I will be using the sling mount that comes with the Knox gen 2, between the receiver and stock.thanks for all the positive replies.

How is the sight picture with the Knoxx stock and ghost rings?

I ordered an ETA safety and hi vis follower today.

Here's the ETA next to a Vang safety(the ETA is the big one).

Screenshot_2012-08-19-04-07-16-1.jpg

Here's the follower, it's green on one page and red on another. So we'll see what I get.

capture_02.png

I'm curious if I'll lose capacity with the tail on this follower.

My front sling mount and side saddle showed up today from Botach. Here are some pics installed. I used blue loctite on all the fasteners of the side saddle.

20120820_200518-1-1.jpg

20120820_200408-1-1.jpg

20120820_200154-1-1.jpg

hondakilla98 said:
I'm curious if I'll lose capacity with the tail on this follower.

I orderred the same one for my 870 and it came in red. I did have to trim it to get the last shell into the magazine.

I have a blued mossberg heat shield on the way. I didn't realize how cheaply I could modify my shotgun. This is my favorite part of owning guns, the personalization.

Here's the ETA safety installed, it's so much easier to manipulate than the factory plastic safety.

20120823_141150-1.jpg

20120823_141213.jpg

Here's the green ETA follower installed, I had to spread the end coil of the mag spring to get it over the tail of the follower. It still holds 8 2&3/4" shells.

20120823_141046.jpg

Dang thats comin together really well! The heatshield will look great too!

Youre right about customizing bein about the best part!

It's coming together pretty quickly, and I traded a Kinect for an old 18" blued wood stocked 870 today. So I'll have another shotgun to mess with.

I also ordered a summit sling from rocky mountain tactical, he's going to make an oversized one for me.

The 870 project should be fun too!

Good deal on the sling, I know a few guys here use those and really like them!

I put my heat shield on, I'll post pics soon. I would look better if it was a bit longer, but it looks ok and it's functioal. And my sling just shipped!

Back