• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My converted 88

I hope you guys don't mind me posting this but I just wanted to share. I had my 88 set up for tactical i.e. Phoenix Kicklite stock, Hogue overmold forearm and a 7 round side saddle but last month went another way. Now my 88 is a Bullpup. On top added a green laser sight with pressure switch, tactical light, a 2 round/4round side saddle and a adjustable vertical grip which I'm changing out for a angled foregrip such as the FAB Defense PTK foregrip.

Attachments

• 20180205_130432.jpg
    20180205_130432.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20180205_124617.jpg
    20180205_124617.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 17
  • PTK.png
    PTK.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 16
Looks good.

I've been working on my only 500 too.

Only, I'm pretty much taking it back to factory'ish config.

I do like how your pup turned out though.

So far I like it even though haven't fired it yet. Lousy weather plus last week slipped on a black ice covered steps and pulled something There are some issues like a little loose slide, mushy trigger and the placement of the slide release but nothing I can't live with. The grip new angled forearm grip 'm waiting for is 5.5" which is the same length as the forearm rail so I'm hoping the slide action will fell and work even better. So how is your 500 set up now?

Last edited:
Before, it had 2 grips on the front. A vertical and a horizontal grip on an ergo handguard. It had an old ATI AR style stock with a magpul ctr on it. A bsquare scope mount and a bushnell 4 reticle optic. Light. 18.5" barrel.

Now, it still has some of that stuff, but it's mostly going back to about factory.

I am going to use a smaller bushnell trs25 dot. The ergo handguard is going to stay but I rather like the magpul afg grip instead of the long grips. I liked them, however, the put too much torsion on the action bars and I was afraid they were going to be bent up.

Threaded the barrel to accept screw in chokes. Now I can hunt squirrels with it as easily as I could a 28 inch barreled gun.

Factory buttstock is coming back. I plan to order it tomorrow.

It's getting a water immersion camo dip.

That's mostly where I'm going to be when I am finished.

It's nowhere near as extravagant as your pup.

Sound nice. I don't think it's extravagant just practical and functional. Green laser for both night and day, yes you can see it during day light, and tactical light also for night. I thought about the water immersion dip but worried about moving parts like the safety, trigger and where the screws hold the 2 pieces together. Plus not wanting to have the dip cover the inside. There was also the cost. I did however think about cutting pieces of foam into digital patterns and then use colors like blue, green and maybe some tan. Saw a video of a guy who used that method and turned out pretty good.

I've done a few sponge camo's. Just takes time.

Several guys here have.

savage stock camo 006.JPG

savagestock009_zps75eb0387.jpg

5ZvlMuI.jpg

Back