• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

my first misfire.

dieselmudder

.30-06
Elite Member
"Philanthropist"
stopped in to a new outdoor shop this afternoon, just opened last weekend, to see what they had. saw rio royal low recoil on the shelf and bought 2 boxes. decided to run some through the 500 since I had never shot it. blasted 2 at 10 yards, decent pattern. the girlfriend wanted to try shooting it, brought her out, showed her the safety, how to turn the sight on, adjustable stock. she didn't like how high the reflex sight sits so opted not to shoot, so I cracked off the one she had chambered. ejected it, and slid two more in the mag. racked one in, slid the safety off, leaned into it and squeezed, to a simple click. I held my position for a bit in case it went off, nothing happened so I ejected the shell, picked it up off the ground, didn't see any marking on the primer. slid it back into the mag, cracked off the one in the chamber no problem. racked the no fire back in and it went off fine. ive never had a misfire with this gun before. and I only shot the two after the misfire. this is my SHTF/HD weapon. should I be concerned that the gun is having issues I need to address? or do I need to shoot more to see if it happens again?

I suggest striping it and see if anything is amiss first. Maybe a burr or grit in the works.

Back