• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My First Mossberg: 50660

Sean Thornton

Copper BB
I bought my first Mossberg a couple of weeks ago and cannot say enough nice things about it, stong, well built etc. Mine is the 50660 with the heat shield. I did not think I would need the heat shield but I have run 100 or more shells in an afternoon and the barrel does heat up. I mainly bought it to have fun with at the range but also for HD. I also changed out the factory stock with a speedfeed shorter stock a friend had. The factory LOP was 14.5 which was about an inch too long for me. Even though it has a bayonet lug on it I did not think I would get one but then my M7 was laying around and I tried it on and now I have a bayonet for it. It even stayed on while firing 20 to 30 shells before I took it off. Also mine did not have the sling stud that screws into the bayonet lug. Any ideas where to get one?
Now it is back to the range to have fun with my Mossberg. :D
395813_405356502861145_1738511016_n.jpg

Congratulations on your new Mossberg 590! The swivel stud should be in the box but if its not give Mossberg a call and they should be able to send you another one.

DHonovich said:
Congratulations on your new Mossberg 590! The swivel stud should be in the box but if its not give Mossberg a call and they should be able to send you another one.

Yep, I'll double up on this! Should be a little baggy or somethin in there amongst all the cardboard. If you dont find it, call OFM, theyll def ship it out to ya!

Excellent first Mossberg!!!

This video is what peaked my interested in the Mossberg.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmdMNwSxEcs&feature=related[/youtube]

Hi Sean. Great looking gun you have. I love the look of the bayonet on them. Another one here...swivels were in the box.

I also liked the Hickok45 video that you linked to and I watched it several times while searching for mine. He has some cool videos including a few full auto.

Enjoy it!

395813_405356502861145_1738511016_n.jpg

I ran several rounds fo the Federal low recoil 00 buck flight control wad as well as some of the low recoil Remington slugs. These rounds shoot great. The 00 buck flight control are going to be my HD rounds. I also attached the my M7 bayonet and fired several of both rounds, it worked great.

Howdy Sean and welcome to the club. Good to hear you got Mossberg to help ya out with the swivel so quick!
Hickok45 's video's are great. I can watch em all the time.

The more I shoot this shotgun the more I like it. I changed out the factory stock with another factory speedfeed stock I got from a friend, it is about an inch shorter and fits better. I fired another 200 rounds of a variety of field loads and Federal low recoil 00 buck and low recoil Rem slugs. This is just one fun gun to shoot at all kinds of targets from clays to water filled jugs. The heatshield is great and the bayonet is a fun addition. I like the M7 bayonet rather than the M9. The M7 just looks like it goes with this shotgun better.
Good shooting,

Congrats, glad to hear that you are liking the Mossberg.

I guess their free shipping doesn't kick in until your order reaches a certain dollar amount. There are several items I'm ordering from them this week and won't be charged any shipping at all for them. Their prices for them are better than anyone else's I've found too.

When I bought my 51660 the stud for the sling was in a small yellow envelope inside the box underneath the shotgun.

Back