• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My first rifle

Herbie

Copper BB
I just got my first rifle. Went with a Mossberg 100 ATR in .308. I have went deer hunting one other time about 2 years ago and borrowed a buddies 7mm but never got to fire it. We will be going for deer end of October and would just like some advise/tips from all you experts out there. I would like to get a bipod put on it so I was looking into adding the swivel studs. I haven't gotten the chance to shot it yet but plan to go soon to try it out!

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy. You get a chance post a pic or two.:)

Congrats!! You've got it so now go shoot it.

Congratulations.

Unless you're planning on laying down, or shooting from a stable bench, a bipod would not be very beneficial. At least the way I hunt they wouldn't.

Often times, I sit behind a tree and use my support hand and place it against the tree in front of me and simply stick my thumb out to the side and rest the bottom of the rifle on. (Your support hand will look sort of like an L shape).

Or, I also like a good shooting stick like: http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/shoot...er-stick-gen-2-monopod-tall.html#.U9FftWAg-5c

Yep no need for a bipod hunting, shooting sticks or a tree or fence post or even your knee will work just fine, make sure you practice this way after you get your gun dialed in on a bench.

Congratulations on the acquirement of your first gun!!! Hopefully you will be as addicted as the rest of us

Back