• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My God, what have I done????

If that AR started its life as a designated AR pistol my understanding is no forward grips of any kind, and no buttstock of any kind, including the shockwave and Sig brace regardless of OAL. Been doing a lot of research as I'm about to build an AR pistol myself.
ATF says 26" OAL enters the "firearm " world and forward grips are allowed....better measure right though

once the grip is installed it is no longer considered a pistol so anything that applies to pistols like concealment for instance is no longer valid

I think it depends on where you live for the designated pistol thing. I am not sure of the states but some say those rules you stated .

Here when a lower is purchased it is checked as other in the box so you can go either way with them

no butt stock of any kind is true.....but you can add braces all day. the brace is an accessory too the pistol

Federally, and pistol can be built into a rifle but cant be returned to pistol state once done

Gotcha, so as long as it's 26.1 or above you're fine. Mine will not be, which is why I'm going the pistol route until my stamp comes in. Also, I should have clarified, you may add the brace, but may not shoulder mount it, as then it constitutes an SBR if it's under 26" OAL. NC (where I live) has no laws that designate anything other than the standard ATF nomenclature, which is what I'll have to follow. I personally don't agree with the ruling on the braces. As a CC permit holder I can walk in and back out in 15 minutes with a Glock and a 33rd mag, but God forbid I want to shoulder fire a pistol with a brace on it. But, I don't make the rules, I just have to follow them.

I'd venture to say that you aren't the only one.
funny thing.
When T and I started doing the pistols, the letter on the braces and the shoulders was not drafted yet.
When it came about we set out to probe lawmen near us.
State Troopers train drug dogs here.....we asked them and they were not at all concerned with it, not too familiar.
Next was a Sheriff deputy at the gym....actually pulled a braced pistol out in the parking lot and let him check it out after chatting about it at the gym, he thought it was a joke about not shouldering. Showed him the letter on the Ipad and did exactly this" psssst, whatever. good luck enforcing that one"
next Sheriff deputy at the range said in a nut shell but without point blank saying it " know your audience and don't generate any complaints being stupid"

^ That sounds about right.

All of it.

And may I add, don't be going around posting youtube videos using it in a manner that you know to be unlawful and mess it up for everyone doing stupid things.

I'm not a federal LEO with any jurisdictional authority to enforce a BATFE federal law.

I want to be very clear on that. Where does your shoulder start, again? Well, if we are not sure......

I just checked again, not even so much as bending any rules around here ....

hope to see some paper with holes in it soon Dave

See the new trigger shoe for it yet ?.......supposed to make a lighter feel, guess they say the trigger is 10lbs

Bill, the trigger on mine is perfectly okay. It is far from being noticeably heavy. It ain't like a good AR or bolt gun trigger but it's very similar to lots of triggers I have operated in the past.

OK, I wanted to update the topic. I know it's been a while since anyone posted and I kinda hate to necro a topic, but I was finally able to order a scorpion this morning. I know this may sound a little odd coming from me, but it's really the only gun that I am interested in buying. Despite being an election year. And thus, I was able to cross the last of the guns on my ultimate wish list (evo).

As for trigger comments earlier, there is a spring kit that replaces the trigger and sear spring that drops the pull from 9+ pounds down to about 5-1/2-6 pound ballpark. Best thing about the springs, it's a 10 minute job and costs about $9 plus shipping.
https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-reduced-weight-trigger-spring-kit/

Eazee-Peezee.

Not sure if anyone has been paying attention to new products for the scorpion, but HBI is about to come out with a new aluminum freefloat handguard with for it. They're going to have (mp5 K) style handguards for anyone wanting to shorten their barrel, and pistol and carbine length handguards.

While there may be many who may not be interested, I am because the HBI handguards are going to be large enough on the inside to accept most suppressors (the whole reason why I want it), so this will let me essentially have the "SD" look that I would like to have with this gun.

Anyway, here's a quick sneak peek video showing them.

Glad you brought this back around. I am interested in one. Just not at the top of the list. Keep us updated

The carbine versions are really nice as well, especially if you like to add vertical grips and exchange stocks and all that goes along with that and don't have as many restrictions as the handgun versions do.

something in 10mm would peak my interest........wish it was more mainstream or something its a hell of a good round , I bet it gets out of a greater than 6" barrel nicely

Back