• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Maverick 88 12 Ga.

Thanks, it sure is, got it off a retired cop friend of mine for a great price, now I just need to get an 18.5 " barrel for it...

Thanks, just checked there, no 500 barrels, I've got a listing on Armslist too.. I can get one at Acadamy or Bass Pro for crazy prices, I'm really looking for a good used one to fit the bill...

Look at the used barrel section in your local gun shop. I see them quite frequently in my travels.

I made a few calls today & may have a lead on a good used one locally, he's a dealer/gunsmith & he's gonna see what he can do for me..

Just a thought,

A new barrel is gonna run you between $120-$150. I picked up my Maverick security model with the 18.5" barrel at Academy for $199. Just sayin...

Yeah I can get a new one locally for around $100,a new one from Mossberg for $ 93 plus shipping... I gave $120 for the gun as it sits, so I'm kinda looking for a used one... I'll luck into one, like I lucked into the gun, I got that feeling ...

Midway occasionally has them on sale for $80 or so. But not today: LINK

You could always cut down the barrel but a 28" barrel is more expensive to replace should you want to use the gun for hunting. I've cut down more than a few barrels to make a shotgun more marketable.

Patience will save you money... ;) BTW, welcome aboard! :)
Thanks, yeah I briefly thought about cutting down the barrel, BREIFLY... I'll just hide my time.. BTW I checked Midway, Gunparts, Brownell etc. I just kept going down the list that the search brought up, something will come up...

Back