• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

N. Korea situation

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Do missiles count as firearms?

Seems like Crazy Kim just can't help pushing the envelope. If he fires off these missiles, I wonder if we'll knock 'em down? There's no real way to tell if they are a "test" unless we can predict the impact point quickly enough to take action if they aren't. But if we knock 'em down, and Kim says they were "just a test", he'll claim he's the victim of aggression.

As tensions continued to mount on the Korean peninsula, the communist dictatorship in the North deployed mid-range missile launchers to its east coast and reportedly warned foreign embassies Friday it cannot guarantee the safety of diplomats after April 10.

Reuters reported early Friday that North Korea deployed two of its intermediate range missiles on mobile launchers and hid them on the east coast of the country, citing a South Korean news agency.

South Korea said Thursday North Korea moved a missile with "considerable range" to its east coast after an unnamed spokesman for the North Korean army warned the U.S. Wednesday that its military has been cleared to wage an attack using "smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear" weapons.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/04/05 ... z2Pcy0eVnM

It shouldn't matter if it is a "test" missile...it needs to be knocked down and NK warned that the next one will result in retaliation from the South and the U.S.. China needs to also weigh in as they have supported NK for far to long. I do believe that since China has gained considerable global power that their "little brother" to the east is testing their patience. China can no more afford a conflict in the region than the U.S.

In my opinion, any missile launched is a test missile. Whether it is to test the missile, the guidance system or tracking system, or whether it is to test a unified SK/ US response, it is still a test. It is about time they got their dick knocked in the dirt...been there, hated living under the threat of 24/7/365 eminent attack...

OhioArcher said:
It shouldn't matter if it is a "test" missile...it needs to be knocked down and NK warned that the next one will result in retaliation from the South and the U.S.. China needs to also weigh in as they have supported NK for far to long. I do believe that since China has gained considerable global power that their "little brother" to the east is testing their patience. China can no more afford a conflict in the region than the U.S.

In my opinion, any missile launched is a test missile. Whether it is to test the missile, the guidance system or tracking system, or whether it is to test a unified SK/ US response, it is still a test. It is about time they got their dick knocked in the dirt...been there, hated living under the threat of 24/7/365 eminent attack...

I agree it should be taken out. Just wondering if we will. It seems almost certain he'll fire at least one. Japan is also in this game. Sure hope everybody is coordinating.

Unless I heard it wrong, Japan is looking to acquire nuclear weapons. That is from a country that will not allow our Navy in port with nukes on board. The same country that shuns nukes due to Hiroshima and Nagasaki (very good reasons indeed). But now faced with the possibility of complete annihilation from the lunatic empire of NK, they want to acquire the very thing that they have despised since the 1940's. I wonder what Washington's response to that is...our Navy would do well to stay out of the ports in the event Kim and NK military leaders do start throwing missiles. Losing a carrier group would be devastating, not to mention the lose of life in Japan...

I have heard a plausible theory that crazy Kim is blustering to gain support from the military. He's only 28 and they don't like him or his now deceased Dad. They must love his grandfather.

The other is that he is crazy and is willing to go down in flames.

Time will tell.

OhioArcher said:
Unless I heard it wrong, Japan is looking to acquire nuclear weapons. That is from a country that will not allow our Navy in port with nukes on board. The same country that shuns nukes due to Hiroshima and Nagasaki (very good reasons indeed). But now faced with the possibility of complete annihilation from the lunatic empire of NK, they want to acquire the very thing that they have despised since the 1940's. I wonder what Washington's response to that is...our Navy would do well to stay out of the ports in the event Kim and NK military leaders do start throwing missiles. Losing a carrier group would be devastating, not to mention the lose of life in Japan...

Japan does have the capability to produce nukes quickly (within a year), but they're not all of one mind about it. I think it would be a huge political fight for them.

If they do it …..please oh please let this sob catch a mortar round right to the face.

Why? We were going to a "Mossberg Owners Gangnam-style" for your birthday...

:) Might as well, my wish didn’t come true…. sadly that irritating bastard lives on :x .

As and old student of political history and such, young Kim is just like any new dictator is just doing some major posturing just to show his military and his fellow countryman that he has the stuff to lead his country and to show his fellow countrymen that he is not afraid of the world and their opinion of him.

Also and this is a big also he is trying to impress his uncle Xi Jinping in Bejing. But now he realizes that he is pissing off his uncle up north and that is why he probably did not launch the so call missile on his dad death anniversary or birthday or what ever that day is.

But I could be wrong in my opinoin and he launchs strikes against japan and south korea and we go in and glass the area and put in a Walt Disney, Six flags over Korea, Walmart and a Dickies BBQ and Bejing will put in a all you can eat chineise buffet to kind of round it out there. :D

Back