• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Nashville bombing Christmas morning

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Some CCTV captured the moments leading up to the bombing. You could hear a recorded message telling people to evacuate for about 30 minutes prior to detonation coming from the explosive filled RV.

The CCTV circuit was intially overwhelmed by the intensity of the blast but after about a minute started showing video again.

I have also heard that it was sitting at or near a major AT&T transfer hub.

Turns out that the phones are out in a lot of places.

This is affecting landlines and cell towers.

I know that there are other cell companies affected as well because many of them piggy-back over each other.

at&t outage map.JPG

Welcome to Bidet's America... :rolleyes: I fear this is just the beginning... :( Imagine this happening in a dozen locations at the same time and the affect on service it could have! :eek:

Holy crap! The whole recorded warning message thing seems really creepy and weird...surreal is probably the right word.

Strange daze guys...strange days. Glad casualties are low so far, apparently they've found tissue at the blast site and do not know if it is human remains or not. That could explain the gunshots heard beforehand...someone was already dead inside the RV maybe?

What I thought was weird is the sloooow news release. I live near Chattanooga about 120 miles east of Nashville. The explosion was at about 0730 EST. There was no mention on the CHA local news in the morning tv program broadcast from 0800 to 0900 EST.

You would think that the networks would have stringers in Nashville that would have phoned in the info. But noooo. It wasn't until after the biggies broadcast it about 1100 that it was covered here on the noon news. Oh well. It was Christmas and they probably had the second string playing.

Source: Nashville Christmas Day bomber likely died in explosion according to evidence | WTVC (newschannel9.com)

NASHVILLE, Tenn.--Sources speaking with FOX 17 News Nashville state the leading theory for investigators involved in the Christmas Day bombing is the suspect died in yesterday's explosion.

According to the local source, there is a "likely possibility" the suspect blew up in the explosion yesterday. The source cites two pieces of evidence for the theory, first being the discovery of human tissue remains found at the scene of the blast site.

The second piece of information supporting the theory is there was no video evidence gathered so far by investigators showing a suspicious person walking away from the RV or down the streets minutes before the explosion.

-- more at link above--

In about 8 hours I'll have more for you [maybe].

There were actually videos of some guy walking their dog, which to me seems unusual so early in the morning. Plus, others living nearby left too. So, they can't say that no one left the area. They did.

If the human body blew up in that explosion I believe you would smell burning meat in the air and it would be unmistakable.

More about the Nashville bomber

Bomber to neighbor: The world is 'never going to forget me' (apnews.com)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — It seemed like a friendly chat between neighbors. Only after a bomb exploded in downtown Nashville on Christmas morning could Rick Laude grasp the sinister meaning behind his neighbor’s smiling remark that the city and the rest of the world would never forget him.

Laude told The Associated Press on Monday that he was speechless when he learned that authorities identified his 63-year-old neighbor, Anthony Quinn Warner, as the man suspected of detonating a bomb that killed himself, injured three other people and damaged dozens of buildings.

Laude said he saw Warner standing at his mailbox less than a week before Christmas and pulled over in his car to talk. After asking how Warner’s elderly mother was doing, Laude said he casually asked, “Is Santa going to bring you anything good for Christmas?”

Warner smiled and said, “Oh, yeah, Nashville and the world is never going to forget me,” Laude recalled.

Laude said he didn’t think much of the remark and thought Warner only meant that “something good” was going to happen for him financially.

“Nothing about this guy raised any red flags,” Laude said. “He was just quiet.”

Laude said Warner sometimes did not respond when he and other neighbors waved to him, but said he did not take it personally. “I knew that he was just a recluse,” he said.

-- more at link above --

I keep hearing rumors about AT&T + disgruntled employee.
Did this actually hit an AT&T facility?

Yes. Did enuff damage to causes phone and tv and net outages in at least 4 states.

@CaddmannQ

AT&T recovers from multi-state outage after Nashville bombing - The Verge

AT&T recovers from multi-state outage after Nashville bombing
The blast disabled backup generators at a network exchange point

AT&T says its services have mostly recovered from a bombing that caused multi-state internet outages on Christmas. The explosion of an RV in Nashville injured three people and destroyed a section of the city’s downtown, including “significant damage” to a key AT&T transmission facility. This brought down wireless and wired networks across parts of Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama — disrupting cell service, some 911 networks, and communications at the Nashville International Airport, which briefly grounded flights as a result.

The AT&T building, located blocks away from the company’s better-known office tower, provides a regional network connection point in addition to local service. The blast reportedly damaged the building’s structure and facade. Combined with water and fire damage, it disabled backup generators that were supposed to keep AT&T’s network functioning.

The result was days of partial service outages, mitigated partly by emergency cell sites. AT&T is also suspending data overage charges across parts of Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, and Missouri over the final five days of December.

AT&T deployed portable cell sites around Nashville while rerouting regional network traffic and attempting to restore the building’s power. It reported on Sunday that it had restored 96 percent of its wireless network, 60 percent of business services, and 86 percent of consumer broadband and entertainment. As of today, “nearly all” consumer service had been restored. However, AT&T is maintaining 11 portable cell sites, and according to the company, it is still limiting power consumption in the building to avoid overloading its generators.

“We have begun to turn down portable sites that are no longer needed given the recovery of service,” said CEO Jeff McElfresh in a statement on Monday, “but we will have resources standing by in the region as needed.”

Federal law enforcement named 63-year-old Anthony Quinn Warner as the bomber, and they’ve reported that Warner died in the explosion. Although Warner parked his RV close to the AT&T transmission building, investigators haven’t concluded whether he intentionally targeted it, nor have they declared a motive for the attack.

Local news outlet WSMV reported that law enforcement agents had asked an FBI tipster whether Warner might be motivated by 5G network paranoia — an unfounded conspiracy theory that has led people to harass network engineers working on the tech. But the tipster, a real estate agent who had worked with a “Tony Warner,” said the man had not discussed 5G with him.

The FBI said on Sunday that it was “still early in the investigation.” Whatever the motive, the bombing shook a significant section of American internet infrastructure for days — even if it’s now largely recovered.

-- Some imbedded links in above article --

The ex girlfriend reported to the police in August 2019 that Warner was making bombs in his RV. Her attorney corroborated the story as well and there is a police report.

But, here's the part I like. Yesterday I saw on the news that Nashville PD says "hindsight is 20-20". Can this be true, and if so, that is the best they can do ?

The ex girlfriend reported to the police in August 2019 that Warner was making bombs in his RV. Her attorney corroborated the story as well and there is a police report.

But, here's the part I like. Yesterday I saw on the news that Nashville PD says "hindsight is 20-20". Can this be true, and if so, that is the best they can do ?
Yeah I heard the same yesterday. How is it these guys get reported directly to the cops with serious stuff and we're not talking about stealing bicycles here or hustling sports cards....and nothing happens? I don't get it. Makes no sense whatsoever. We keep hearing this over and over...conspiracy? I certainly hope not but one really has to wonder...this happens far too often these days.

Remember the good old days when nobody knew their next door neighbor was a psycho in waiting??? Nowadays it seems people know and they tell the authorities and the outcome is exactly the same. What does that say to you???

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/30/9513...rs-girlfriend-warned-police-about-him-in-2019

"More than a year before the explosion that rocked Nashville last week, Anthony Warner's girlfriend told police that he "was building bombs in the RV trailer at his residence," according to a police report filed in August 2019.

Yet the report indicates Nashville police never made contact with Warner."

Can anyone say "WTF" ???

Last edited:
And yet we keep hearing, "if you see something say something".

Actually a lot of atrocities are prevented thanks to tips. What struck me about this was what I perceived to be such a cavalier attitude.

Last edited:
Back