• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Need help

Commando

Copper BB
Hello I'm newer to firearms and I usually just shoot them and enjoy them how they came from the factory. I bought a mossberg 500 a few weeks ago that had a cracked action slide (yes the metal was cracked) and the gun came with no forend. I decided to buy a "tactical" forend for it online and I got a good deal on it. When I got the new forend in today I realized it was pinned and my magazine tube has the rings and spring on it. Is there a way to remove these rings or am I just better off returning the forend and buying one with an action slide. By the way the cracked action slide doesnt work at all I have thought about welding the crack up but that is only a last resort.
8fd2331d1c0a99d530c50305bf9c6e7b.jpg
ee52f68f34aaff9233c53d93b61d3f5b.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure how much you want to spend on this gun???

You have the older style mag tube,,,,,if you want you could still use it. Give Havlin (636) 937-6401 a call and and get some prices and go from there.

What condition is the rest of the gun?

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure how much you want to spend on this gun???

You have the older style mag tube,,,,,if you want you could still use it. Give Havlin (636) 937-6401 a call and and get some prices and go from there.

What condition is the rest of the gun?
The rest of the gun is used but still in good shape. I am wanting to keep this gun as cheap as possible.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Then find another cheap one with a good slide and a bad stock or a thin barrel maybe.

If you need to be cheap, used parts can be found for sure.

Back