• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

new "3 gun" shotgun from Mossberg?

blue

20g
I was watching one of the shows on outdoor channels Wednesday night shooting shows, Shooting USA probably. They were showing a dedicated FN competition shotgun, and teased that FN wasn't the only one, and they had heard rumors of a Mossberg competition ready shotgun coming out this summer? Anybody know anything about it?

There is supposed to be a Jerry Miculek/ Ben Hill 3 gun competition Mossberg 930 autoloader coming out soon.

Black Composite Stock – Matte Blue Finish
24” Vent Rib Barrel w/ NO PORTING
Choked barrel to include 3 choke tubes: I.C., Mod., Full.
Front Green Fiber Optic Sight – No mid-bead
9 Round magazine tube w/Barrel clamp (+1 for total of 10 round capacity)
Bolt release button to be drilled and Nordic Bolt Release button added
Bottom loading port will be rounded for easier/faster loading

Lookin forward to seein this, we'll be joinin the gun club and they ae very competition oriented. They host 3Gun and some other shotgun sports... We'll be watchin for the new 930!!!

I pray my 930SPX will come back accurate and reliable as this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFYo3i0N-WQ&feature=related[/youtube]

I'll be putting together a comp 930 I hoipe after the first of the year. Gonna get the 930 24" VR with XX Full turkey choke, thats gonna get ditched for a set of TruLocks. Then add maybe as much as a +10 Nordic Comp magazine extension and clamp. Maybe TruGlo fiber optics and try to shorten the LOP and call it good to go!

DHonovich said:
There is supposed to be a Jerry Miculek/ Ben Hill 3 gun competition Mossberg 930 autoloader coming out soon.

IAM THINKING COST WISE?? $995.99??

SoCal Choppas said:
Same style SPX with loading issues. Is this guy here?:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2IlfmwmGhU[/youtube]

that makes for a long day ,, ive had those days in shooting matches,

SoCal Choppas said:
I pray my 930SPX will come back accurate and reliable as this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFYo3i0N-WQ&feature=related[/youtube]

i think also having jerry behind the stock also adds a little help !!

shaner said:
DHonovich said:

IAM THINKING COST WISE?? $995.99??

Cost wise thats crazy.

iam figuring how much they charge for a spx over the other 930"s then add all those cool additions???

I gotcha, my bad i misunderstood...

The 930 I'm lookin at is nearly identical base wise, (looks to be based on a 930 turkey gun) out the door for about $500. I can get chokes and magazine extensions and be a decent bit less I think. I think your estimate may be close to MSRP.

But this set up here, is very much like what I wanna do, so depending on retail vs. MSRP when it hits the market, it may be real good way to go!

Yeah Shaner, I'm hopin so, we'll see how it goes! I'm excited, but have to wait a while yet!

Man, I felt sorry for that guy with loading problems. If Mossberg comes out with a 3 gun shotgun I'd buy one!

Are ported barrels banned from ALL 3 gun competition? If so what is the 930 alternative - I have a 24" Turkey setup - ported, of course. I have also seen some rules posted with an 8 shot mag limit (7+1) - I'm looking for St. Louis regional 3 gun and IDPA or IDPA style matches for 2012. Shopping for ARs currently though I'm okay with Aks to 100 yds.

mingaa said:
Are ported barrels banned from ALL 3 gun competition? If so what is the 930 alternative - I have a 24" Turkey setup - ported, of course. I have also seen some rules posted with an 8 shot mag limit (7+1) - I'm looking for St. Louis regional 3 gun and IDPA or IDPA style matches for 2012. Shopping for ARs currently though I'm okay with Aks to 100 yds.

They are not banned, they put you in the open class with the big boys! You can have the barrel cut back or you can cover the porting with sheet metal and clamps. I'm interested in AR's too. I ordered a S&W M&P Sport 15. Mine out the door will be $680. I've heard of people getting it cheaper. It's been getting good reviews on the net.

Back