• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 590A1 Owner

nevada

Copper BB
Hi all,

I just picked up a 590A1. its a 20" model with ported barrel, and synthetic stock. the LOP is is too long for me so i am looking for stock options. I have ordered the hogue shortshot for it however i have been considering the AR style adjustable stock. I am not really looking for a pistol grip however. I just need to be able to reduce the stock length so that i can properly support the gun while firing it. with the current factory stock on it my support arm is just too far forward. any suggestions wold be great.

thanks!

nevada said:
Hi all,

I just picked up a 590A1. its a 20" model with ported barrel, and synthetic stock. the LOP is is too long for me so i am looking for stock options. I have ordered the hogue shortshot for it however i have been considering the AR style adjustable stock. I am not really looking for a pistol grip however. I just need to be able to reduce the stock length so that i can properly support the gun while firing it. with the current factory stock on it my support arm is just too far forward. any suggestions wold be great.

thanks!

hello nevada.welcome from NY and congrats on your new mossy. you get a chance post a pic or two. :)

Welcome aboard from PA! My LOP was to long and via recomendations here I put on the Hogue and it made a world of difference. Let us know how it shoots.

I hope you stop by and check in on the new member welcome area and I look forward to seeing more posts.

nevada said:
Hi all,

thanks!

Hogue stock 12" lop will do wonders. Just put some blue loctite on the bolt thread. Easy install!

Congrats and welcome.

You're gonna love your new A1 man!!! I'll second the Hogue 12"LOP. You could also go to Aimpro, I believe they have different LOP Hogue stocks 14-12". Welcome to MO.com!

Hi all,

thank you for the replies. I will get it installed this weekend hopefully and see how it works out. Its my first mossberg and im pretty impressed with it. very solid.

Back