• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 930spx blackwater owner!

dispr

Copper BB
Hi clan, Just wanted to introduce myself and ask a few questions in regards to my new blackwater shotgun. First off, i'm new to shotguns, never have worked with one. I wanted to clean it up, so i got on youtube and searched for videos in regards to the 930 spx. Now on this video [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKpNy2AZzN4&feature=relmfu[/youtube] at about the 2:30min mark, he takes out the follower. Now, on my blackwater edition, i did not have one. Is this normal for this gun? Thanks for taking the time to answer this..

You should have one. The spring pushes the follower which pushes the shells out of the magazine and into the chamber. After you unscrew the magazine tube and take out the spring, just tilt the shotgun so the barrel towards the ground and your follower should fall out. But don't let it fall out. Catch it so you know how it goes back in.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!! Took the gun out for some fun yesterday.I put about 50 rounds down range. Had a few failure to feeds with it. Hopefully its needs some more rounds down range to smooth everything out.. Also only could fit 6 rounds in, 7th round needs about 1/8 of an inch to clear. I read somewhere else that maybe I should replace the spring with an Wolff spring and maybe get a new follower. What do you guys think of that?.. Thanks again!!

Not all 2-3/4" shells are the same length, therefore some will be able to load 7 and some only 6. Most SPX springs are 35 to 35.5". I just live with it because I don't want to modify the spring to get 7 shells but have unreliable feeding. But if you're going to order another spring, then you can modify it. If it doesn't work relaibly, you can always go back to the stock spring.

Back