• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New and Disappointed Mossberg 500 Owner..

I'm with RipJack on this. I'd have to see where it's binding. My guess is one of two things;
The action bar binding on the interrupter
Or the elevator binding on the interrupter

That sounds overly simplified, but as RipJack has said, we'd have to see it. If somehow the interrupter was in a bind it could have become slightly bent, possibly without notice.

Have you taken it back apart and reassembled? I know the interrupter is finicky sometimes. Others have had issues with minorly bent parts. OFM has been good at sending out replacement parts, others have simply bent the pieces back a little with success.

I'm with RipJack on this. I'd have to see where it's binding. My guess is one of two things;
The action bar binding on the interrupter
Or the elevator binding on the interrupter

That sounds overly simplified, but as RipJack has said, we'd have to see it. If somehow the interrupter was in a bind it could have become slightly bent, possibly without notice.

Have you taken it back apart and reassembled? I know the interrupter is finicky sometimes. Others have had issues with minorly bent parts. OFM has been good at sending out replacement parts, others have simply bent the pieces back a little with success.

When I get home i'll try and get a video of what it's doing and a picture of the trigger assembly. It literally cocks back maybe 1/3rd of the way and gets stuck. I have taken the gun apart literally about 30 times, same result every time after cleaning the gun.

Just checking in on this before I head out for the day...(gotta do something on the pooper.)
focus.gif

So received the arms finally, still no luck.. Appears like it's jamming on the firing pin assembly. Guess the next step is to send the gun to Mossberg. :(

My new Savage .22 had metal shavings in the plastic bag it was sealed in. My new Mossberg 464 had dirty rust in the feed tube. I discovered this after buying two new Henry rifles with rust in the tubes as well!
:mad:
It's appalling really.

Is there any part on that 500 that can be installed backwards without it being obvious?
Ejector rail maybe?

I don't have any shotguns here to go by.

Just rust. :(

Old post but taking a shot here.
Is the hammer down when you put the trigger back in?

Back