• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New bolt action shotgun magazines

ladytech777

.270 WIN
I have 2 Mossberg 185 KA's. I wanted spare magazines as it is easier on a range not to have to reload every 2 shots. I found one on Gunbroker and also ordered one from Vic Havlin.
The new ones Havlin Sales has are slightly different. The front lip is convex curved, whereas the original mag is a concave lip. The new one fit one gun but not the other. I had to open up the mag well to get it to fit and also trim the channel to lock it in. I thought I had it set up but at the range it misfeeds almost every time. Either the angle of the shell is too high or too low for the bolt to chamber the round.
Anyone have any ideas how to correct this?? My 2 original style mags fit and work in either gun.
I have emailed Vic and am waiting for him to get back to me.

I unfortunately don't have any help for you regarding this issue with the magazines but I am interested to hear what Vic has to say.

Got an e-m from Vic a few hours ago to send it back for a refund. I took some pics of the new mag and an old one I have for my guns to show the differences and will let Vic decide how to handle this. The goal being -I would like a couple of spare mags. Havlin Sales has always been excellent to deal with and extremely helpful with info. I prefer to do business with him rather than scour the internet for something in questionable condition. He also gave me some suggestions in how to rework the mags and the guns. As I have 2 identical guns I hesitate to make gun adjustments, as either mag I have works in either gun. Havlin Sales are the "go to guys" for these old guns!

Follow up- situation resolved. Vic Havlin solved the problem. Found me a mag that would work.
It took a bit of work with gun and the new mag, but now have spare mag that works in either of my 185's. Great guys to work with. Was willing to refund but I preferred trying to find another mag.
He found and sent it before i needed to leave on vacation- all with no charge! It is really nice to deal with a company that cares.

That is great news! Glad to hear you now have a spare magazine. Havlin Sales has amazing customer service.

I will forever be willing to give ANY business that gives me fair and attentive personal customer service loyalty they deserve. I have had way too many companies become complacent that the stream of consumers fnuds to be endless...

Back