• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Florida owner 590 12 20. Pistol grip

Sheesh. I'm late to the festivities. Well better late than never. Welcome to club. and with heartfelt thanx for serving, and I'd love to see some pics that you have taken ....

The 590 is one hell of a gun. love to pics of it when you have a chance as well.

hope you like it here and look forward to seeing more of you here.

ripjack13 said:
Sheesh. I'm late to the festivities. Well better late than never. Welcome to club. and with heartfelt thanx for serving, and I'd love to see some pics that you have taken ....

The 590 is one hell of a gun. love to pics of it when you have a chance as well.

Should I start posting to a different place when I have something to say or just stay here?

No...this is good unless you have a specific question / comment on a subject that there is a sub-section for...like Ammo, a particular Mossberg shotgun, a certain firearm that's not a Mossberg, something political...something off-topic...hunting...etc

SHOOTER13 said:
No...this is good unless you have a specific question / comment on a subject that there is a sub-section for...like Ammo, a particular Mossberg shotgun, a certain firearm that's not a Mossberg, something political...something off-topic...hunting...etc
Thanks, I think I'll stay here for a while. :D
Right now I have nothing to add. That will change when my stuff comes in, I'm sure.
Meanwhile I'm going to the store to stock up on ammo.

ripjack13 said:

I wish I had all my old photos from back then, but unfortunately almost everything was lost in a flooded basement a few years ago. It would be nice to still have them, but I really live in the present and don't spend any of my little time left, for reminiscing.
Here's one. Opps, can't figure out how to do that.
Later.

VTX wrote: "Meanwhile I'm going to the store to stock up on ammo..."

========================================================

Good...when you come back, you can post what ammo you picked up in the Ammo section...remember, we like details !! ;)

Welcome to the site and thanks for your service. My father also served 22yrs in the Navy and continues to work for DoD. Happy shooting!

walpoler said:
Welcome to the site and thanks for your service. My father also served 22yrs in the Navy and continues to work for DoD. Happy shooting!
Cool man. Where does he work.?

Rossignol said:
VTX said:
:roll: :x i do still have all my teeth.

:lol: I've lost a few do to injury! Keep em in there where they belong! :D

I had kinda figured you may be shooting from the hip, and theres another style you can use too. If you imagine there being a stock and tucking the stock under your arm with hand on the grip and finger on the guard, you can do the same thing with the pistol grip. I'll admit, shooting pistol grip only can take more practice and I havent aquired the technique. Dan shoots PGO a decent bit along with several others here.

Heres a pic of Massad Ayoob looking over the barrel, but the same position I mentioned. The pics arent mine and came from the links below.
Ayoob_looking_over_barrel_1.jpg

In the meantime, here are a few links which may be helpful with the technique!

Kentucky Carry
Kentucky Carry, PGO Shotgun Technique
After reading the article I will be using the style from now on. Thanks for all the info and help.

Glad you liked the articles! Theres more than one way to skin a cat... and to fire a PGO Mossberg! Whatever works for you man, it all comes down to practice, trigger time, and have fun along the way!!!

Rossignol said:
Glad you liked the articles! Theres more than one way to skin a cat... and to fire a PGO Mossberg! Whatever works for you man, it all comes down to practice, trigger time, and have fun along the way!!!
Really looking forward to getting out to the range.

VTX: He's currently in Naples, Italy overseeing US Navy housing and other quarters in Europe, N. Africa, and SW Asia.

walpoler said:
VTX: He's currently in Naples, Italy overseeing US Navy housing and other quarters in Europe, N. Africa, and SW Asia.
Ah Naples, been there in 61, 69, 70, had some good times.
Say hi for me.

Back