• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

new from chicago

BaDCaT

Copper BB
would just like to say hi to everyone, name's mike, just found this board, I've had my 500 about a year now, really love the gun, bought it new bone stock, it's the 12ga 6 shot, she's a work in progress, but I already got a heat shield, light, sling, and red dot sight and the folding stock is on order, will be putting it on when I get it next week.
will post some pics after the stock is on.
still have a ton to learn, looking forward to reading thru some of these pages!

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're looking forward to the pics of your 500. Be sure to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums as well. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Hi BadCaT in Chicago!!! Happy to have you man, thanks for signin on with MO!

You know we'll be needing pics of that 500, yes? ;) Although we all already have our own firearms... for some reason we still live vicariously through others here. Weird.

roadrash said:
Howdy,
Do you live in Metro Chicago or the burbs?Lotta places to shoot?
burbs, not too many ranges, 2 indoor within 30 min drive and only one outdoor that's like 2 hours away :(
always on the lookout for someone who owns some land somewhere, been wanting to shoot at something other than paper for a long time.
planning to buy a 28" barrel so I could do some clay shooting at least.
as for other firearms, the only other thing I have right now is a 92fs beretta that I've had for a couple of years, getting pretty good with it lately. might be picking up a rifle in a month or two, something on a budget and ak based, saiga or sks. maybe even a mosin. decisions decisions... :)
p.s. will post pics in a few days.

That 92FS is pretty popular around here! Well, so are the rest of the firearms you mentioned! :D

We'll be watchin for the pics! ;)

Welcome from St. Louis, MO. Chicago is among my favorite places. I've been traveling there for years. I was in Cincinnati before here (both 300 mi. away) and can get there for lunch if I get going early and drive 'briskly'. I love the food and architecture. I'm an arts professional so the fairs get me there as well as the galleries and museums. There are plenty of options to shoot in the 'Lou. If you are ever here let me know.

I'm shooting in an IDPA event Saturday that will have a second course for BUG competition with lower round count etc. Should be fun.

Welcome!!

well here she is minus the sling:

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

Nice looking gun.

Welcome from MI!!

Howdy BaD CaT and welcome to the club. I really like that 500! I have 92F, Mosin Nagant, and a Saiga 12. Let me knoe if you have questions about them. I am a little new to the Mosin, and Lazy Eyed Sniper knows more about it than me. I love the Saiga too. No problems with it yet either.....

Back