• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New guy from WA

dlo

Hey everybody, how's it goin? I am 22 years old. Young, but an old soul, so I've been told. I am a CNC machinist by trade, but also do manual machining, tool and die work, etc. My main hobby is cars, but guns are a close 2nd. I am not new to guns, but a noob when it comes to mods. I don't go shooting as much as I would like but enough to ensure I don't get rusty. However, I did just start my own personal collection within the past year. I always loved my dads 18.5" persuader. A Mossberg was always on my list, 500 specifically. Had no short tem plans of buying one until the neighborhood started unfolding around us.

Within the past two weeks, this has been life in our normally calm neighborhood: First started with the dog going off, and a knock at the door. It was a man who got stabbed in the neck at the house kitty corner, supposedly a "car sale gone wrong", that led to a huge standoff with an empty house. It got pretty ugly, especially considering they did all the damage to the house while the guy is somewhere making his escape. After that, a couple stolen cars got ditched on the corner. Then last week, it was hot so the door was open. I heard my girlfriend scream and say that somebody was in the yard coming toward the house. So I run out (barefoot unfortunately) and see the guy running through other yards. He ended up getting caught, along with another. They tried robbing the house on the next block. My mother in law knows one of the sheriffs that was at the scene. After it was over he came by and informed us that the house that got robbed, along with another one nearby.. Are suspected heroin dealer houses. Both new neighbors as well. It all started when they moved in. So I figured better safe than sorry, it was time for another HD gun.

So I shopped around locally for a decent deal. Ended up with a 500 Persuader, 8 shot with the 20" barrel. Actually I got the "zombie" version. Now let me tell ya, I am a HUGE hater of this stupid zombie craze, think it is slightly ignorant. But I do like the color green :D . The main reason for going with the zombie version though, it was cheaper than the "non-zombie" 8 shot, and included a sling.

I plan on modding it, not as much as I thought I wanted to though. I do want a heat shield, always wanted one for some reason, I think they look pretty cool lol. Not sure if it interferes with the bead sight though. I also want some variation of the adjustable m4 type stock. Make it a little more friendly for the lady to shoot. I also want a tac light, been looking at the TLR-1. I wanted some sort of sights or a laser, mainly so my girlfriend was more comfortable using it if it ever came down to it. But I figure we will take it out and see if she can learn to use the bead sight proficiently. Spend that saved money on extra ammo!

Anyways, the length of this intro is starting to get absurd :D . I look forward to meeting some good people, and learning a bunch along the way.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your 500. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Things are a little smoother around here so welcome and join in on some of the good conversations.

And another Welcome from the Show Me State :)

Welcome from MI!!

Way to make a guy feel welcome! As for hopping on the conversations, of course I will. My main concern at the moment is researching my desired mods a little more in depth and see whats needed with what, what doesn't work with what, etc. Better head to the m500 pic section for starters.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13
smiley-greet013.gif

Got to make a quick trip to the range today. When I say quick I mean it! Only 10 rds through the Mossy, and a box of 50 through the Beretta and a few SD rounds. Been a good 2 years since I've gotten the joy of shooting a 500. Plan on going to the range at LEAST once a month from now on. Here's the first 7 shots. Fiocchi 00 Buck, tested at about what I would assume SD ranges would be if an intruder were to be in my home.
20130816_135208_zps8ab82f14.jpg

Yeah I sure wasnt expecting to hit dead center with the very first shot! That was only about 7 yards. Which would be about the length of my hallway, fron my bedroom door lol. Labor day we are going out so I will get to shoot a bunch more and test further out. And will post results of course! Oh and also, that was my first time shooting buck. Used to just shoot target loads when we would go out.

Wow, been almost a year.... long time no talk everybody! Not much new here other than a few accessories for my 500. Also did something I never thought I would do last week.... Joined the Glock bandwagon. Uh oh! A gen 3 model 22. Was going to get it just to trade but I think I want to keep it now.

20140801_192307_zpsibactgjl.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, been almost a year.... long time no talk everybody! Not much new here other than a few accessories for my 500. Also did something I never thought I would do last week.... Joined the Glock bandwagon. Uh oh! A gen 3 model 22. Was going to get it just to trade but I think I want to keep it now.

20140801_192307_zpsibactgjl.jpg

As long as you are happy with it and it does what it is intended to do, who gives a rats a$$ what the crowd thinks. Self defense is not a fashion show....

and welcome back D....don't be a stranger.....

Back