• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

new guy wanting to say hi

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your '88 and any other firearms you own the various sub-forums. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Howdy, welcome. Cruise around lots of options….make sure you save some mod money for ammo and practice

Welcome to Mossberg Owners! You came to the right place for information from a group of outstanding members! They will be able to answer all your questions! Glad to have you and don't forget to show us some pics of your shotty!

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum gofastcrazy !!

When you find the time, post some pics of your Mossy.

well here she is.i bought it from a friend of mines son who bought it from his friend. when i got it it looked short to me so i pulled the tape on it and yeah it was. so i machined the flash suppressor myself at work and pinned it to make it legal. it had a stock forarm on it until today when i bought the surefire. now i am looking for an ATI top folding stock and shell holder to put on it. need some suggetsions on what type of sight to put on it , and how to mount it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Hello and how are ya! Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!!

Optics mounting? I would do the EGW picatinny rail which includes the set screws and work with the factory drilled and tapped holes in your receiver. Then choose a sight, red dot or reflex, sight it in for your HD/SD and youre good to go! ;)

I'll find a link for the EGW and report back...

gofastcrazy said:
need some suggetsions on what type of sight to put on it , and how to mount it.

So how do the sights work that are on it ?

Purely for HD I would just throw a nice tritium bead on it. If you want an optic the top folding stock is going to suck for line of sight, face to low and sight too high

Either way you will have to take off that ATI heat shield.....the built in ghost rings will probably be in the way.

Hello and welcome! You are really going to enjoy this gun board. It's a terrific forum to get and share info and advice about Mossbergs. Have you checked out the Product Reviews Section that we have available? GLG2 moderates it and it's a vastly deep pool of good information regarding modifications and add-ons.

So WE are glad you are on board! New guy buys the next 3-day training/shooting seminar for everyone!!!!!! Thanks. :D

Now to a comment about your shotgun. I may be mistaken, but pinning on a brake or extension doesn't make it legal. Welding does. If it can be removed, its full of suck as far as the BATFE is concerned. Do you know that a tape isn't the determining method of arriving at legal length? A measured and calibrated rod is dropped down the barrel until it hits the bolt face while it's in the locked breech position, and if any portion of it is beyond the barrel crown it is too short.

I'm not trying to be discouraging, please believe that. I just want you to be sure that you are compliant because the possible repercussions could be rather unpleasant.

I think an optic is a modification left for later after you first add a fixed or adjustable shoulder stock and shoot it for a while. But that's just me. I'm often criticized (and rightly so) for keeping things painfully simple.

Again, Welcome to a truly great forum and we're not just here to help... we also want you to help us as well!

Welcome aboard! In the short time I've been here, everyone had been helpful and kind. I've also found lots of great information about Mossberg.

to nitesite:eek:k bro you got me wondering now. i called the ATF and spoke with an agent before making the extention. he told me that with the breach closed it had to measure 18.5 inches. as far as attaching it he said if you could not screw it off it is considered permanent. i said can i pin it on he said yes. so if i am wrong it's the ATF's fault lol. and yes sir i know what can happen if it is to short which is why i thought i called the right people. any info as to a way to know for sure that i am legal would help me sleep at night . thanks for the site info guys.

Howdy gofastcrazy, and welcome to the club!

Back