• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Guy with Some Questions

Diesel46

Copper BB
Hey Guys!

I am new to the forum and just bought my first mossberg the other day. I went with the 500 Combo from big 5, can't go wrong with getting both barrel options and the price! I was so pumped on it that I went ahead and already ordered parts for it before it got here :D

I installed a Knoxx Spec ops Gen II stock and ordered a Tacstar 6-shell Side saddle, but noticed that the forend extends over onto the receiver too much to install it. I have been doing research all day, and know that it has the action slide tube assembly built into the forend. What I am wondering, is how do I know which action slide tube length to buy, and what aftermarket forends extend over into the receiver area?

Let me know if that needs more explanation. I'm new to this!

Also, the model number is: 50482

Diesel46 said:
Hey Guys!

I am new to the forum and just bought my first mossberg the other day. I went with the 500 Combo from big 5, can't go wrong with getting both barrel options and the price! I was so pumped on it that I went ahead and already ordered parts for it before it got here :D

I installed a Knoxx Spec ops Gen II stock and ordered a Tacstar 6-shell Side saddle, but noticed that the forend extends over onto the receiver too much to install it. I have been doing research all day, and know that it has the action slide tube assembly built into the forend. What I am wondering, is how do I know which action slide tube length to buy, and what aftermarket forends extend over into the receiver area?

Let me know if that needs more explanation. I'm new to this!

Also, the model number is: 50482

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy.
The problem is the small overhang on that type forend. Are you buying a new action tube and forend to mod your gun or just so you can use the tacstar shell holder ?
The reason I'm asking is if you want you can modify the forend with a dremel tool. You can cut away the rear overhang if you want.
Keep us posted.

Well at some point I want to buy a new forend, but I may go with dremeling the stock forend for the mean time. I plan on definitely modding this baby, making it a tactical HD gun for most of its use. Thanks for all the help guys, maybe I will post photos once I get it done! :D

Back