• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

new haven 20ga 600ct

EternalNight

Copper BB
i recently bought this gun cause i was looking for something better for squirrell and rabbit hunting and while using it the other day i noticed it had some feed problems id pump it but unless i rather roughly cycled the action the next shell wouldnt feed.. i took it apart and gave it a simple cleaning and still has the problem.. anyone have any advice ? also will a ultra sonic cleaner have any adverse effects on the polymer trigger assembly

EternalNight said:
i recently bought this gun cause i was looking for something better for squirrell and rabbit hunting and while using it the other day i noticed it had some feed problems id pump it but unless i rather roughly cycled the action the next shell wouldnt feed.. i took it apart and gave it a simple cleaning and still has the problem.. anyone have any advice ? also will a ultra sonic cleaner have any adverse effects on the polymer trigger assembly

i would give it a real good cleaning,,also check the mag spring and follower.
not sure about the ultra sonic cleaner.

I have a 500 that is similar in design but haven't had this problem. Does it eject the fired shell? It the next round hanging up in the magazine tube? And is the slide coming all the way back (not short stroking it)?

Ditto on the really good cleaning...

no im cycling it properly i took it apart once already to clean it. it ejects the shells it just occasionally dont feed the next one

EternalNight said:
no im cycling it properly i took it apart once already to clean it. it ejects the shells it just occasionally dont feed the next one

what brand ammo are you using? maybe try different brand. :)

well i tried some federals they seem to cycle okay thanks for the help ill probally tinker with it some more and give it a more thorough cleaning. you guys are great

glad it worked for you.

Attachments

• you-are-more-then-welcome.png
    you-are-more-then-welcome.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 232
Back